Job Description :
We are Canada Life
Being a part of Canada Life means you have a voice. This is a place where your unique background, perspectives and talents are valued, and shape our future success.
You can be your best here. You're part of a diverse and inclusive workplace where your career and well-being are championed. You'll have the opportunity to excel in your way, finding new and better ways to deliver exceptional customer and advisor experiences.
Together, as part of a great team, you'll deliver on our shared purpose to improve the well-being of Canadians. It's our driving force. Become part of a strong and successful company that's trusted by millions of Canadians to do the right thing.
Be your best at Canada Life.
We are looking for a Business Consultant
Given the size and scope of our organization, we have the flexibility for this position to be located in the following head office locations: Montreal, Toronto, London, Winnipeg.
The Business Consulting team supports the evolutionary business growth and succession of financial advisory practices affiliated with Canada Life. Business Consultants partner with advisors and firms to bring to life their business goals and opportunities and design the necessary strategies to meet both their short and long-term business objectives. We play a pivotal role in helping our advisors clarify the direction of their practice, develop practical solutions, and drive greater satisfaction for their clients and their teams.
As a Business Consultant, you will use your demonstrated understanding of, and experience with, entrepreneurial small businesses to help drive increased productivity and profitability for advisors' practices. You'll bring the knowledge, experience, tools and guidance to help clarify what's making advisors' practices successful today, and what could be implemented to lead to even greater success in the future.
This candidate can be based anywhere within Canada and while being bilingual is an asset it is not required. Currently we are delivering our mandates 100% virtually, however there is an expectation of travel with this role post-pandemic between 30-40%.
What you will do
- You'll ensure advisors' business strategies unify ideas, behaviours and teams to provide a strong foundation for their practice
- You'll facilitate teaming and partnership agreement discussions to bring clarity, reduce assumptions and are in the best interest of all parties.
- You'll provide advanced facilitation of challenging teaming issues including guiding difficult conversations between business owners, associates and family business relationships.
- You'll help advisors refine strategies and tactics so that they're getting the highest return from their investment of time and money in their marketing plan
- You'll examine advisors' service model to ensure clients' needs are met while balancing the needs of the advisors' business
- You'll look at each practice's profitability to help advisors penetrate their markets in a cost effective and profitable way
- You'll help advisors understand the culture of their practice, to enable them to attract, develop and retain the right people for their team
- You'll assess operational efficiencies to ensure the advisor practices are organized and executed in a way that effectively and consistently delivers on their strategy, marketing and service models
- You'll lead workshops and conduct main stage presentations to advance the mindset of advisors as required.
What you will bring
- Bilingual (FR and EN) is considered an asset
- Ability to travel frequently
- 30-40% of the time
- Minimum of 7 years of experience in business consulting or business entrepreneurship
- Demonstrated track record of success communicating business concepts, processes, and strategies to small to mid-sized businesses, coaching entrepreneurs to higher performance levels
- Must be a resourceful and strategic thinker who is able to handle the high demand and different priorities across multiple stakeholders.
- Ability to guide advisors and their teams towards powerful decisions, and have the discipline and follow through to ensure the implementation is carried out
- Ability to leverage your experience with small businesses to build credibility and trust with advisors
- Exceptional interpersonal, presentation and coaching skills with an engaging leadership style
- Driven towards high achievement in a fast-paced and results-oriented environment
Be your best at Canada Life- Apply today
We are one of Canada's top 100 employers!
Canada Life serves the financial security needs of more than 13 million people across Canada, with additional operations in Europe and the United States. As members of the Power Financial Corporation group of companies, we're one of Canada's leading insurers with interests in life insurance, health insurance, investment and retirement savings. We offer a broad portfolio of financial and benefit plan solutions for individuals, families, businesses and organizations.
We are committed to providing an inclusive, accessible environment, where all employees and customers feel valued, respected and supported. We are dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of the communities in which we live, and to creating an environment where every employee has the opportunity to reach their potential.
Canada Life would like to thank all applicants, however only those who qualify for an interview will be contacted