The Diocese of Montreal Communications Services Department is seeking a Webmaster. Reporting to the Director of Communications, the successful applicant will be talented and meticulous and have a passion for the Internet. The Webmaster will be required to design, integrate and maintain the diocesan websites and hosting services.
The applicant must have a solid understanding of industry trends and managing content and hosting systems. Experience with responsive and adaptive web design is essential. The candidate must also have an understanding of the entire process of web programming, including design, development and deployment.
PRINCIPAL TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Make technical changes and adjustments and resolve technical problems on Drupal and WordPress websites
- Provide technical support to users
- Maintain security and update microsites on WordPress
- Produce graphic design for the website
- Manage advertising distribution (on advertising server AdButler)
- Photograph events and record videos in the studio (occasionally record videos outside the studio)
- Edit videos
- BSc/BA in Computer Science, Design or a related field is preferred. Coursework in digital media, web design, and/or computer programming highly preferred (Equivalent progressive professional experience may be substituted for education)
- Proven experience as a Webmaster or Web Developer
- Knowledge of web analytics and SEO
- Familiarity with web standards
- Working knowledge of website management tools (Drupal and WordPress)
- Strong troubleshooting and analytical abilities
- Excellent communication and teamwork skills
- Ability to generate creative ideas
- Attention to detail and outstanding organizational skills
ADDITIONAL TECHNICAL SKILLS:
- Adobe Suite complete (Photoshop, Illustrator, Premier Pro, Dreamweaver, etc)
- Google Analytics
- Microsoft Office Suite
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT:
- Full-time, 32.5 hours per week. Remote working during the pandemic, on-site when circumstances allow.
- Beginning of August 2021
- Salary and benefits in accordance with the employment terms and conditions of La Corporation Archiépiscopale Catholique Romaine de Montréal
Those interested in this position are invited to forward their applications with covering letter to the attention of Human Resources no later than August 6, 2021.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those applicants who are selected will be contacted for an interview.