ABOUT OUR COMPANY
Powering Economies and Communities?
TransAlta owns, operates, and develops a diverse fleet of electrical generation assets in Canada, the United States and Australia, providing municipalities, industries and businesses with safe, low-cost and reliable clean electricity.
For over 100 years, TransAlta has been a responsible operator and proud community-member where its employees work and live. We are committed to fostering a dynamic, productive, and safe work environment. Our employees contribute to a diverse, open, and transparent culture with clear accountabilities, strong leadership, and challenging opportunities for personal career growth.
For more information about TransAlta, visit our website at, www.transalta.com
ABOUT THE ROLE
When you join our team at TransAlta as an Intern, you will rotate through various roles across the Energy Marketing organization. Each rotation will give you an opportunity to expand your knowledge, build on your skill set, and develop personal networks within TransAlta. This position is a 2-year temporary contract. If you are an eager, self-starter who wants to build a career in Energy Marketing, we want to hear from you.
Interns complete four job rotations to experience a variety of roles within Energy Marketing at TransAlta and gain exposure to various lines of business
- During each rotation, responsibilities will vary, and you will collaborate with your leader to develop specific performance objectives. You will be assessed and receive quarterly feedback as well as at the end of each rotation
- Rotations can be with the Alberta, East, West or Natural Gas Trading. Individual rotations focus on trading analytics, asset optimization and portfolio management, or on real time trading and scheduling
Successful completion of a bachelor's degree, with a major in an analytical field such as: finance, engineering, economics, mathematics, statistics, physics or computer science
- Successful completion of a Master's degree is considered an asset
- Prior work experience obtained through internship, coop or summer jobs is an asset
- Excellent Microsoft Excel skills required
- MATLAB, Python or other programming skills required
- Possess a self-starter and results-oriented approach to work
- Proven ability to manage and prioritize multiple work tasks
- Demonstrates a positive attitude and a willingness to learn and take initiative
- Exhibits a strong ability to solve problems
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Able to work equally well either within a team or independently with minimal supervision
- A desire to learn TransAlta's business
- Must be legally entitled to work in Canada
- This position requires the following pre-hire actions: criminal record checks, security checks and FERC checks
Come on board!
Our commitment is to attract and retain the best talent. Some positions may require the successful completion of one or more background checks such as criminal, medical, or compliance. If these verifications are needed, they will be indicated on the job posting.