Toronto, ON, Canada Req #1478
Wednesday, July 21, 2021
Are you creative, dynamic and passionate? Do you like to think outside of the box and find new ways to achieve your goals? Corus Entertainment has an exciting opportunity for you. If you have a passion for excellence, and would like to work for Corus Entertainment, we encourage you to apply.
Nelvana Enterprises has an exciting opportunity for a Marketing Coordinator at our Toronto location. The successful candidate will be part of a team responsible for consumer products marketing and licensing throughout the US and Canada. Day to day will include broadcast management, brand research, assistance with content creation and brand marketing material management, social media marketing and activations, special events and projects and PR. If you are an energetic and flexible team player, with an inner child who is itching to get creative
- come work with us at Nelvana!
Work Status: Full Time
Location: Corus Quay
About the Role:
Reporting to the International Marketing Manager, you will be responsible for coordinating and executing marketing strategies for all of Nelvana's priority brands.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Develop and organize key sales materials including pitch decks, sizzles, newsletters, e-blasts and sales sheets
- Plan and execute marketing campaigns for Nelvana's licensing team including: developing creative briefs and managing delivery and production of promotional assets, vetting influencer partners
- Coordinate marketing initiatives with various international broadcasters to maximize promotion of Nelvana properties.
- Lead coordination and management of PR and social media marketing initiatives across all brands.
- Brand support for Director, Licensing, Retail & Marketing, and Director, Global Licensing Operations
- Coordinate materials and planning for key consumer and trade events including client summits, trade shows, and consumer activations.
- Work with research and broadcast teams to track brand series performance and quickly optimize marketing plans as required.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams (Brand, Licensing, TV Marketing, Broadcast Sales, Graphics) to ensure consistent messaging and coordination of efforts across all promotional activities.
- Attend regular marketing, tradeshows and stakeholder meetings (where applicable)
- Research projects: competitive research and other special projects. Track and share marketing and social media trends.
What We Need From You:
A demonstrated passion for brand building, kids' content, media and emerging trends
- you want to be a Marketer!
- Bachelor's degree in Marketing/Business and/or equivalent experience in a related field
- High proficiency with MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook required
- Photoshop, Illustrator and video editing experience preferred
- Excellent project management, prioritization and planning skills
- Marketing skills with a sales mindset
- Superb communication skills, both written and verbal
- Ability to demonstrate data management and marketing analysis
- Strong research skills and curiosity for finding things out
- Excellent interpersonal and team building skills; ability to work collaboratively in a cross functional organization and manage multiple stakeholders to deliver exceptional results
- Flexibility to work occasional evenings and weekends for specific show and brand launch initiatives
- International travel as required
At Corus we value and actively involve the full range of what makes people unique in order to create a strong and innovative company where amazing people thrive. A company where people have the full opportunity to show their unique value and develop their potential. We strongly encourage applications from Indigenous peoples, people of colour, people with disabilities, people from all gender and sexually diverse communities and people with intersectional identities.
Corus is also committed to providing accommodations throughout the interview and employment process. If you require an accommodation, we will work with you to meet your needs.
How to Apply
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now'.
- No phone calls please. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
02-Sales & Marketing
Job Start Date
Monday, August 16, 2021