As the world's leader in digital payments technology, Visa's mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network
- enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company's dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You're an Individual. We're the team for you. Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
The Analyst, Canada Merchant Sales, is responsible for sales support of a team tasked with selling Visa acceptance, products and service offerings into targeted merchants in the Canada market. The position will work closely with merchant leadership, internal partners, and their clients to enable strategy, relationships, and revenues to optimize business performance with key merchants.
Based in Visa's Toronto office, the primary responsibilities include:
- Support creation of account plans to increase sales volume and market share
- Assist in development of materials that deliver value propositions relevant to industry needs
- Research of the client/merchant landscape and recommend and implement new and creative approaches to growing the Visa business
- Work closely with Product Management, Interchange, Compliance and other functions to understand all aspects of acceptance and products being sold to clients and contribute to crafting sales messages
- Actively participate and lead various ad-hoc internal projects as assigned
- Participate in sales meetings and training activities
- Provide the team with support in managing relationships with new and existing key merchants
- 2 years of work experience with a Bachelor's Degree or an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD, or PhD)
- Minimum of 3+ years business experience
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to create effective presentations
- Understanding of financial reports
- Understanding of financial indicators to measure business performance and an ability to summarize business and financial data in a useful manner for planning and decision-making.
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, and Word
- The ability to take on challenges and address problems head-on
- Strong ability to collaborate
- Highly driven, resourceful and results oriented
- Strong strategic thinking and leadership in driving projects to completion
Incumbent must make themselves available during core business hours.
This position requires the incumbent to travel for work up to 10% of the time.
Physical Requirements :
This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers, and reach with hands and arms.
EEO Statement Visa is an EEO Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Visa will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.