Job Number: REQ2242
Location: Anywhere in Alberta
Apply by: Tuesday, August 3rd, 2021
# Positions available: 1
Leader Name: Scott McDonald
Reporting to the Managing Director, Service Delivery & Governance, the primary focus of this position is to enhance and support ATB team members to do their best work through a reliance on the availability of foundational technologies. This role is accountable for the standard-setting, planning and development of a broad variety of technical documentation to support TE (Technology Enablement) operational leaders and team members.
This requires technical fluency, strong business acumen, excellent prioritization, and the ability to establish and maintain strong relationships across diverse teams. Over time, the Senior Technical Writer will also build capacity and competency
in technical writing among TE service owners and other roles as required. This position may be located within the ATB Calgary Campus or work remotely.
Accountabilities of the role:
- Planning, Prioritizing and Tracking
- Developing and implementing frameworks for prioritizing and tracking technical writing requests, partnering with TE leaders to align services with the most urgent needs.
- creation of knowledge-base (KB) articles, runbooks, playbooks, standard operating procedures (SOPs), processes, deployment Plans, upgrade guides, technical papers, tutorials, project support transition to operations documents.
Standardize, Quality Assurance and Continuity of Style
- Standardize content across platforms and media and establish best practices for TE technical documentation, performing quality assurance on others' technical documentation as required. Standardize content across platforms and media and analyze documents to maintain continuity of style of content.
Coaching and Capacity-building
- Building capacity and skill in TE by designing, delivering, and evaluating technical writing training and workshops for Technical Service Owners and others whose roles involve technical writing.
Collect user feedback to update and improve content.
Translate complex technical jargon into plain language.
BS/BA or equivalent in Technical Communication, English, Computer Science, or a related field.
Proven experience working in a technical writing position.
Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Ability to rapidly assimilate technical information from a variety of sources and locations.
Knowledge of HTML, Markdown and other documentation technologies is an asset.
At ATB, we know that highly talented people can readily transfer their skills. If you believe your skills and experience are transferable, please consider putting your name in the running.
Online applications are preferred.
Purpose. Growth. Advancement. Fun. Rewards... learn about our perks and benefits.
A little about ATB:
We are Alberta's largest, home grown financial institution and for the last 80+ years, we've transformed people's understanding of what banking can-and should-make possible. Today, 5,500+ ATB team members embrace a growth mindset in order to help bring ATB's story to life, delivering happiness to our customers and team members alike. It's why we're also a highly sought after, award-winning employer. The best part is, we're just getting started. Join us, and create happiness.
If you make the shortlist for this role, you will hear from us within 10 business days of the posting close date. We will also keep your application on file for future roles that you may wish to consider.
We are also an equal opportunity employer. Find out more about what to expect when applying.
If your application is shortlisted, we might ask you to participate in a digital interview.
Stay in touch!
ATB is happy to know you're interested in a career with us! Follow us on LinkedIn, Facebook and Instagram to get the inside scoop on what our team is up