The Manager, Marketing Communications is accountable for managing CANARIE's corporate marketing communications, with a focus on CANARIE-hosted events.
This is a full-time, permanent position that reports to CANARIE's Director, Communications.
- Leading all aspects of the coordination and management of CANARIE-hosted and CANARIE-sponsored events
- Developing content that strengthens CANARIE's brand, and managing distribution of this content via the CANARIE website, blogs, promotional materials, videos, and presentations
- Managing the overall evolution of the CANARIE website
- Developing CANARIE's social media strategy to promote corporate and program positioning
- Evolving overall corporate communications by analyzing data from distribution channels and adjusting approach to maximize impact
- Developing measurement frameworks and using analytics to assess the effectiveness of marketing initiatives
- Working closely as part of the External Relations team to ensure that CANARIE corporate and program messages are complementary and serve to strengthen CANARIE's overall brand
- Managing staff including providing ongoing coaching and feedback
- Domestic and international travel may occasionally be required
- Related duties and responsibilities, as required
The Ideal Candidate
To excel at CANARIE, you have a demonstrated capacity to work collaboratively on teams and are also an energetic self-starter with the self-motivation to work independently. You have excellent oral and written communication skills, and can count time management, problem solving, and managing multiple priorities as your strengths. You also share a dedication to CANARIE's core values: service, teamwork, innovation, quality, and integrity.
Relevant experience in publicly funded not-for-profit organizations is desirable. Bilingualism is preferred.
What You Bring
Education and Experience
- College diploma or university degree in Marketing or a related field or a suitable combination of education, experience, or other relevant training
- Minimum of 8 years of experience in progressively more complex marketing/communications roles, with experience in technology marketing considered an asset
- Minimum 5 years of experience managing events
- Minimum 5 years of experience managing staff
- High level of attention to detail
- Experience managing content across multiple channels: website, social media, in person meetings, and presentations
- Advanced proficiency in the Microsoft Office suite
Come Work with Us
If this seems to be the right fit for you, please send us a note and your resume via Isarta, and include the position title in your subject. We thank all applicants, however only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
We welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.