Social Media Manager
Smiths Falls, ON, Canada Toronto, ON, Canada Virtual Req #3678
July 20, 2021
At Canopy Growth, our mission is clear: improve lives, end cannabis prohibition, and strengthen communities. We believe that cannabis can be a force for good. We're building a consumer-centric organization that is focused on sharing the transformational potential of cannabis with the world. We will achieve this through an innovative and disruptive portfolio of cannabis and hemp-derived products.
With millions of square feet of licensed production capacity and operations spanning four continents, Canopy Growth is the world's leading cannabis and hemp company. We recognize that employees are at the core of our success, and we take pride in a corporate culture that emphasizes inclusiveness, collaboration, and diversity.
Our employees come from a wide range of backgrounds, each bringing their own unique skills and talents to the table, working together to continue our incredible momentum of growth. If you are interested in building global challenger brands, scaling a business, and working in a values-driven environment, we want to hear from you!
- Reporting into the Brand Manager, develop and curate engaging content for BioSteel's owned social media platforms.
- Develop and drive the organic social strategy.
- Position BioSteel as the leading healthy sports hydration drink by generating aspirational, educational content that highlights our core products and roster of athletes.
- Content Creation and Distribution: Create and own the social media calendar, create and edit written, video and photo content, and manage copywriting and social plans for BioSteel roster of athletes.
- Community Management: Act as the face and voice of our brand and manage all community communications on Instagram, Twitter, Facebook, and LinkedIn. Uphold community guidelines and facilitate conversation.
- Define social media KPIs and measure the success of every campaign.
- Drive growth of BioSteel social channels and oversee social listening, measurement and analytics, and provide insights and learnings.
- Responsible for seamlessly developing, managing and executing social media content and campaigns across owned and external social channels.
- Coordinate with Marketing, PR and Sales teams to ensure brand consistency across Social.
- Coordinate messaging, tracking, and outreach with potential athlete influencers.
- Build relationships with customers, potential customers, industry professionals and journalists.
- Schedule all Social Media Posts according to content calendar and with best practices in mind.
- Work closely with the Brand team to develop brand messaging and ensure our tone of voice is consistent across all platforms.
- Other duties as assigned.
- BA in Marketing or similar field
- 2-4 years experience with B2C social media marketing or content development
- Well versed and in-depth working knowledge of Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Instagram Stories/Reels, TikTok, YouTube, and Pinterest.
- Excellent verbal communication skills
- Strong copy writing and copy editing skills, and a natural story teller
- Hands on experience with social media management for brands
- A passion for sports, fitness, and social communities/trends
- Detail-oriented approach with ability to work under pressure to meet deadlines
- Strong analytic and social listening skills
This is a full-time remote role.
We appreciate the interest from all candidates, and promise to review all applications, but we will only be contacting those who best fit the requirements. If you don't hear from us, don't fret; every resume we get is kept in our database for six months for consideration in future searches for talent.
Canopy Growth welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities.
Accommodations are available upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
One last note: the chosen applicant will be required to successfully complete background and reference checks.
Thank you so much for your interest in Canopy Growth.