The Kativik Regional Government (KRG), a supramunicipal body with jurisdiction over the territory located north of the 55th parallel, is now looking for a self-motivated and dynamic individual interested in joining the KRG to work in the capacity of:
(Permanent full-time position)
Reporting to the Coordinator of the Communications Section, the Communications Officer is responsible for developing and implementing a communications strategy and plans, as well as for liaising with media. More specifically the Communications Officer is responsible for the following:
- Coordinate relations with the media;
- Assist in coordinating the KRG strategic communication both external and internal;
- Prepare, implement and manage communications plans for programs and the KRG’s Departments;
- Develop and coordinate public relations plans with government and regional organizations;
- Coordinate the KRG relations with the general public;
- Design and implement a KRG branding and communications strategy;
- Draft briefing notes, speeches and media documents;
- Plan and carry out public relations projects in cooperation with the Departments;
- Assist the Director and the Coordinator with any other related responsibilities.
The selected candidate must meet the following qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in Communications or in a related field;
- Minimum of five (5) years of relevant work experience in public relations;
- Solid leadership skills and demonstrated resourcefulness;
- Strong capacity to understand and manage situations that develop and change quickly and to synthesize relevant information;
- Excellent analytical skills;
- Excellent interpersonal skills;
- Written and oral working knowledge of at least two (2) of the following languages: Inuktitut, English and French.
Place of employment: Kuujjuaq
Salary: Minimum $44 511/year; maximum $75 701/year (E 8)
- Cost-of-living differential: minimum $8 500 annually.
- Food allowance: minimum $3 707 annually.
- Annual leave trips: maximum of 3 per person annually
- Group benefits including Simplified Pension Plan V
- acation: 20 days annually
- Statutory holidays: 19 days including 10 during the
- Christmas period
Please submit your résumé in French and English before 5:00 p.m. August 3, 2021 to:
Kativik Regional Government