Onsite Sign Group is a full service sign design, manufacturing, install, and project management company with locations throughout Saskatchewan and Alberta. We are currently looking for members to work in our Graphic Design and Drafting Department. Are you a creative mind that is able to learn the ins and outs of sign manufacturing and installation? Do you enjoy a hands on approach to the products you help create? Can you adapt to a fast-paced environment? If so, we have the perfect opportunity for you!
The ideal candidate will have the following responsibilities and attributes:
Department Responsibilities Include:
- Highly motivated with the ability to work on multiple projects.
- Develop and prepare shop designs and drawings from preliminary concepts, sketches.
The majority of these tasks are generating CNC cut files and print/cut files for vinyl department.
- Develop and prepare customer artwork and proofs for multiple types of interior and exterior signage.
- Attention to detail to create error free documents.
- Know and understand the design criteria and special instructions for specific projects.
- Respond in a timely manner to issues that may surface during fabrication and installation regarding the fabrication and shop drawings.
- Keep any and all drawings organized and up to date in electronic libraries.
- Work with PMs and Production Manager for fabricating information, ensuring all deadlines are met and product is to specs.
- Create production drawings and materials lists
- Revise shop drawings per internal review and be responsible to keep track of the revisions
- Prepare as-built shop drawing at end of the project.
- Perform other duties and tasks as assigned or required.
- Willingness to work side by side with fabrication department during training to learning materials and processes of manufacturing various sign types.
Desired Work Experience:
- Minimum two (2) years experience in Graphic Design and/or Technical Drafting. Preference given to experience in sign industry, but we will train the right candidate
- Very good knowledge of computer systems and software such as AutoCAD, CorelDRAW, Adobe Illustrator, or other related software.