SOCIAL MEDIA & COMMUNICATIONS COORDINATOR
EMPLOYMENT STATUS : 1-year- full-time contract position
Salary Range: $18-$22 per hour
Come join our team!
Anishnabeg Outreach is looking for a highly energetic and qualified Social Media & Communications Coordinator to support our Program & Communications Manager in growing and managing our social media accounts. In addition to social media this team member will assist in facilitating new program development. Anishnabeg Outreach is a large and rapidly expanding Indigenous non-profit and charity organization. We have employment offices in Guelph and Kitchener as well as an EarlyON centre. We have a rapidly growing mental health and tech mentoring program. We are dedicated to the enrichment of our Indigenous community through the development of many partnerships. Through our work, we foster belonging and spirit building, and dedicate ourselves to building a healthy and vibrant Indigenous community every day. We are looking for staff who are willing to learn and growth with our organization as we continue to expand. That's where you come in.
HOURS/WEEK: 40 hours per week 8:00am to 4:00pm This is a full-time position based on a 40-hour work week. Some evenings and Saturdays may be required.
Anishnabeg Outreach is an incorporated non-profit organization guided by a volunteer Board of Directors. We work primarily with the non-profit sector and are guided by a clear mission and set of values. We provide Indigenous people with access to culturally appropriate services and strive to support individuals with direction and assistance to overcome barriers. We encourage individual exploration of avenues that will lead to self-sufficiency and success.
To help First Nations, Metis and Inuit by creating a sustainable and comprehensive suite of centralized wrap around services for urban FNMI and to establish Anishnabeg Outreach as an innovative hub/heart of best practices for economic development, training and employment on reserves.
Build processes and tools that will position current and future FNMI generations as prosperous leaders and strategic partners in Canada's future.
If you passionate about Anishnabeg Outreach, Mission and Vision and working with our priority populations and meet the below qualifications, we want to hear from you!
- Be a Canadian citizen, permanent resident, or person to whom refugee protection has been conferred under the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act for the duration of the employment; and,
- Have a valid Social Insurance Number at the start of employment and be legally entitled to work in Canada in accordance with relevant provincial or territorial legislation and regulations.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS and ABILITIES REQUIRED
- Strong leadership and communication skills
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and handle competing priorities
- Perform research on current benchmark trends and audience preferences
- Design and implement social media strategy to align with business goals
- Strong writing skills required
- Ability to work well within a team environment and under direct supervision
- Motivated and hardworking
- Organization and time management
- Computer literacy and Microsoft Suite proficiency
- Agrees with the objectives and philosophy of Anishnabeg Outreach and displays a caring, respectful attitude toward the families and team members
- Knowledge of online marketing channels
- Master's degree preferred
- Web design skills with WordPress is an asset
PRINCIPAL JOB DUTIES
- Oversee social media accounts' design (e.g. Facebook timeline cover, profile pictures and blog layout)
- Post creation, caption writing
- Creating and implementing a social media posting calendar
- Suggest and implement new features to develop brand awareness
- Stay up to date with current technologies and trends in social media, design tools and applications
- Hands on experience in content management
- Ensure compliance of all AO policies and procedures
- Participate in all staff meetings and committees
- Complete additional duties and responsibilities as directed by the CEO and Program & Communications Manager
- Working with Program & Communications Manager on new program development as it arises
If you are interested in this position, please submit a resume and cover letter, outlining how your skills, qualifications and experience meet the position requirements via Isarta before 5:00 p.m. on August 6, 2021.
We are an equal opportunity employer. We thank, in advance, those who apply, but will contact only those who qualify for interviews. If at any stage in the selection process you require special accommodation, please let us know the nature of the required accommodation.