Trusted by leading global banks and financial institutions of all sizes, TAO Solutions has worked for over a decade with financial industry leaders worldwide. We design innovative and automated software solutions to empower the financial services industry with operational agility and robust capabilities. With office headquarters in Toronto, and offices in San Diego, USA as well as Sydney, Australia, TAO Solutions is in an expansionary mode. We are driven by an entrepreneurial and visionary mindset, and that means there is plenty of room for innovation and initiative, and for talented people to shape who we are tomorrow. We are looking for a Technical Writer to join our growing team in Toronto and to be part of the global team of 70+. The successful candidate will work cross functionally with the Marketing, Engineering and Service Delivery teams to publish internal and external documentation on behalf of TAO.
To apply for the role, you must include at least two pieces of technical writing material in addition to your resume. Further information on our business, products and services can be found at https://taosolutions.ca.
We love all things digital
Our strategy is to become the global leader in structured finance software for global banks and the financial services industry. No more, no less. Our customers look to us to help them succeed and make them leaders in their industry by understanding how to address changing market dynamics and enhance business value.
The Technical Writer is distinguished by their ability to explain complex topics keeping their audience in mind. As a Technical Writer at TAO Solutions, you will be responsible for managing all documentation needs for the company. This includes planning, creating and maintaining user guide content, updating client documentation around product releases, creating video tutorials, assisting with documentation needs around marketing events, and providing other support as needed. The Technical Writer must demonstrate a strong attention to detail, excellent writing skills, and an ability to work independently and take ownership of their work.
- Plan, develop, organize, and write product documentation
- Generate documentation for print and online help
- Provide writing, editing and documentation support to TAO team members and clients
- Prepare charts, graphics, and screen captures to illustrate material
- Assist TAO product development team with internal KPI metrics
- Assist in preparation for TAO customer demonstrations, including marketing materials and utilizing TAO's internal data analytics platform
- Quickly learn, study, and adjust to ever-evolving key customer use scenarios to maximize documentation and training requirements
- Understand new innovative products through ad-hoc training sessions and job shadowing, grasping holistic view of all TAO products and how various clients interact with the software
- Create tutorial and key concept videos; this may include periodic webinars for new product release features
- Meet critical project deadlines
Education and Experience Requirements
- Degree/certification in Technical Writing, English, Journalism, or another writing or literature related post-secondary degree; alternatively, comparable training in Technical Writing with several years' experience
- Prior applicable work experience interacting / assisting software development firms that specialize in developing large and complex applications is an asset
- Experience working in a technical writer position in either the software industry or financial services is a plus
- Strong knowledge of XML, HTML, and CSS
- Strong knowledge of SnagIt, Camtasia or similar screen capture applications
- Proficient in the Microsoft Office, including Visio
- Strong knowledge of video tools to produce animations and videos is a must (examples: MadCap Capture, SnagIt, ShareX, Camtasia, etc.)
What it's like to work at TAO Solutions
We have fun in an open, collaborative work environment. We are constantly learning and tackling challenges head-on as a full team. We work hard and put in the hours we need to get the job done, in a vibrant, highly collaborative, dynamic atmosphere, with passionate colleagues who enjoy what they do. Developers, BAs, QAs, strategists and management sit side-by-side, pooling their collective wisdom. And we also foster team camaraderie through regular social events (virtually, as required).
A note on our office
Our employees health has always been our priority, as such, we have made the shift to full-time remote work during the pandemic. After it is safe to come back to the office, we will provide a flexible work environment to accommodate our many new team members brought on remotely.
Don't miss out on this opportunity!
We offer a chance to work with an amazing team, leading global and domestic clients, competitive compensation, and flexible work arrangements. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, colour, religion, national origin, gender identity, age, marital status, or able bodiedness. We're passionate about fostering an environment that positions each team member to succeed and grow their career and where everyone can be their truest selves. If you require accommodation to succeed in your role and feel supported in the workplace, please feel free to let us know.
We regret that we are unable to contact you unless you are shortlisted for the selection process.