Full Service Restaurants / UBC Food Services / Student Housing and Community Services
Posting End Date
July 27, 2021
Note: Applications will be accepted until 11:59 PM on the day prior to the Posting End Date above.
Job End Date
There are 4 auxiliary positions available.
Working at the Sage restaurant, Peter Wall Ideas Lounge and Sage Catering this position greets and serves guests, prepares food, and accepts payment and performs transactions.
The Sales Attendant position provides customer service in all areas of the operation including the restaurant dining room, the Ideas Lounge and catering. The Sales Attendant position acts as the first point of contact for guests and clients. The position is the responsible for maintaining a welcoming, professional and service-oriented environment for guests and clients.
Reports to Supervisor, Catering Coordinator or Manager.
1. Greet and seat guests; takes guests food orders at tables and delivers food; prepares and calculates bills for payment. Responsible for taking reservations as per established procedures.
2. Responsible for knowing the menu including ingredients and preparation method of the food, daily features and unique dishes; provides answers to guests questions regarding the menu
and makes recommendations and suggestions to enhance the guests experience including wine pairings.
3. Responsible for all food and service related issues in their assigned station of responsibility and guest satisfaction including being responsive to special requests and/or any dietary
requirements or food allergies.
4. Enters customer orders in computer or cash register and accepts payment via cash, meal plan card, bonus cards, vouchers, debit, or credit card; distributes change and receipts as
required; and cashes out as per UBC Food Services policies.
5. Acts as a member of the Sage team, providing assistance to colleagues; and customer service and assistance to guests. Work in coordination with the kitchen staff and other staff ensuring
the efficient operation of the restaurant, Ideas Lounge and catering functions.
6. Recommends food inventory levels and calls in approved orders; assists in maintaining inventory.
7. Assists cooks in the preparation of food, such as, meat, vegetables, desserts, pastry sandwiches, salads and specialty items; portions, plates, wraps, and packs food items.
8. Prepares made-to-order food items; plates, portions and dispensing food to customers in a serving line in accordance with pre-determined UBC Food Services or franchise standards.
9. Sets up service counter, restaurant stations and replenishes supplies for sale, ensuring appropriate stock levels and proper stock rotation in refrigeration, storage and counter display units.
10. Busses tables and cleans tables, kitchen preparation areas, kitchen equipment and seating areas.
11. Sets and arranges tables with linen, china, cutlery, and glassware.
12. Moves tables, chairs and other service equipment for daily service and functions.
13. Assesses and ensures quality of finished product prior to serving customer. Responsible for organizing food orders and ensuring that orders are delivered in a timely manner to guests as
per the UBC Food Services quality and standards.
14. Performs the duties of other food service workers on a relief basis as operationally required.
15. Maintains proper standards of sanitation and safety in accordance with FoodSafe, UBC policy and UBC Food Services safety guidelines.
16. Works in all areas of the operation including Sage restaurant, Peter Wall Ideas Lounge and Sage catering.
17. Carries out any other related duties as required in keeping with the qualifications and requirements of positions in this classification.
Consequence of Error/Judgement
Makes minor decisions related to sequence of duties; impact of errors is minimal.
Works under general supervision and independently as required
None. May assist in training new employees or guide student workers.
Grade 10, Food Safe certificate and a minimum one year of related experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Completion of Grade 10 and Food Safe Level 1 Certificate. Serving It Right certificate Required.1 years relevant experience or the equivalent combination of education and experience. One year of experience in a full service restaurant required. One year of catering experience in a four-five star hotel preferred.
Work in a fast paced environment. Effective oral communication, interpersonal skills and time management skills. Must be able to work a flexible schedule including weekday, evenings and weekends. Presents in a professional and respectful manner.