Requisition ID: 110260
Join a purpose driven winning team, committed to results, in an inclusive and high-performing culture.
This role is focused on how great graphic and presentation design can help senior executives communicate their vision and strategy effectively through all levels of the organization. The right person for this role will be skilled in visual design, interested in the world around them, and add to a collaborative work environment that encourages ideas and contributions from all team members. This person must be a storyteller, with the ability to sort through complex information to communicate clearly through the use of animation, builds, decks, charts, graphs, and diagrams. This person will also have the opportunity to impact employee engagement through the visual branding of internal events and communications.
Is this role right for you?
- Are a practiced visual designer who has a passion for weaving iconography, typography, colour, space, texture, and animation together to create visually beautiful experiences
- Rely on user-centred design principles to produce high-quality visuals
- from concept to execution
- across multiple presentation and communication formats
- Excel at translating research data and insights into graphic elements
- Are able to create simple yet compelling communication materials, including icons, infographics, posters, and presentation materials
- Can easily switch between creating marketing materials to designing simple yet impactful infographics
- Are committed to building inclusive and accessible presentations, assets, and experiences
- Are a relationship builder and are comfortable incorporating ideas and inspiration from multiple sources
- Can work independently with vendors to source and build quotes for posters, signage, t-shirts, and other forms of promotional items
- Have a passion for designing customizable and user-friendly PowerPoint templates
- Are constantly looking for new sources of inspiration and are committed to incorporating fresh ideas while maintaining brand consistency
Do you have the skills that will enable you to succeed?
- 2+ years of experience in graphic design or the visual arts
- Ability to innovate within existing brand guidelines to build branded and creative assets for presentations, print materials and digital signage as required
- A professional and personal portfolio of work which showcases your stylistic breadth, attention to detail, and which balances beauty and clear communication design skills
- High level of proficiency in PowerPoint and Figma, and basic proficiency in Illustrator and Photoshop
- Experience in After Effects and video editing are assets
- A positive and resilient mindset
- you must be able to embrace feedback and have a desire for continuous iteration and skill development
- Comfortable working in a self-guided manner with the ability to prioritize tasks and manage your own time efficiently, without direct input or oversight
- Ability to balance great design with short and sometimes uncomfortable deadlines
What's in it for you?
- We have an inclusive and collaborative working environment that encourages creativity and curiosity and celebrates success!
- We provide you with the tools and technology needed to create meaningful customer experiences
- You'll get to work with and learn from diverse industry leaders, who have hailed from top technology companies around the world
- We hire you for your talent
- not just a job
- so you can grow with us. We'll equip you for success not only in your role, but also in your career as a whole
- Dress codes don't apply here: being comfortable does
- Our work from home social channel offers weekly virtual yoga, social events, learning opportunities, and contests to share current experiences & promote wellbeing in our new remote environment
- Access to thousands of online and in-person courses so you can hone your current skills, or learn new ones
- A competitive rewards package that includes a base salary, a performance bonus, company matching programs on pension and profit sharing, paid vacation, personal & sick days, medical, vision, and dental benefits that start from day one and much more!
- Free shuttle service to and from Union Station
- Some of our perks & onsite offerings will be offline as we continue to monitor federal and provincial regulations around COVID-19.
Location(s): Canada : Ontario : Toronto
Scotiabank is a leading bank in the Americas. Guided by our purpose: "for every future", we help our customers, their families and their communities achieve success through a broad range of advice, products and services, including personal and commercial banking, wealth management and private banking, corporate and investment banking, and capital markets.
At Scotiabank, we value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the Bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. If you require accommodation (including, but not limited to, an accessible interview site, alternate format documents, ASL Interpreter, or Assistive Technology) during the recruitment and selection process, please let our Recruitment team know. If you require technical assistance, please click here. Candidates must apply directly online to be considered for this role. We thank all applicants for their interest in a career at Scotiabank; however, only those candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted.