Come play a key role in building the future of Sports & Media! Everyone wants to be part of a transformational team
- and that's exactly what we're building at Rogers Sports & Media. A team that innovates and a team that wins.
At Rogers Sports & Media we are committed to creating and growing teams that are digital-first, fast-moving and bold-thinking and are focused on delivering impact with everything they do. Our impressive collection of assets includes media properties, sports teams, sports events & production, venues, e-commerce platforms and a close connection with our Connected Home and Wireless team. Collectively, we touch 30 million of Canadians every month!
Not only is our business strong, but so is our culture. We genuinely care about each other and working in an environment that allows each of us to bring our best authentic selves to work. That starts with our firm commitment to a diverse, inclusive and safe workplace. We're also dedicated to giving back by using our media megaphone to help Canadians who need it most. Our team is All IN on diversity and inclusion
- find out more at www.allinforequity.ca.
As we grow our team, the well-being of our team members remains our top priority. To ensure the health and safety of our team members, including those in the recruitment process, our team members are temporarily working from home.
Are you up for the challenge and the fun? If so, consider the following opportunity!
We're looking for a part-time video Editor to shape and strengthen the Citytv and OMNI News brand as our news operation continues to grow producing and publishing more content as we tell our stories in eight different languages!
WHAT YOU'LL DO:
- Non-linear editing of broadcast content using Quantel Edit System and associated supporting software, servicing seven different languages.
- Support editorial decisions
- Will be required to work with 5.1 audio
- Weekend and shift work required
- Must be able to work to tight deadlines
WHAT YOU'LL BRING:
- Experience in a broadcast, preferably a newsroom environment
- A determination to learn new skills and emerging technology
- A creative mindsight to your daily assignments
- Experience in non-linear based editing
- Experience and knowledge of Quantel edit systems
- Knowledge of 5.1 audio
- Strong understanding of broadcast workflows and the ability to adapt to new workflows
- Strong technical skills an asset
- Local news knowledge preferable A digital-first and analytical mindset
- Must be able to work well in high stress environment
What makes us different makes us stronger. Rogers has a strong commitment to diversity and inclusion. Everyone who applies for a job will be considered. We recognize the business value in creating a workplace where each team member has the tools to reach their full potential. At Rogers, we value the insights and innovation that diverse teams bring to work. We work with our candidates with disabilities throughout the recruitment process to ensure that they have what they need to be at their best. Please reach out to our recruiters and hiring managers to begin a conversation about how we can ensure that you deliver your best work. You matter to us! For any questions, please visit the Rogers FAQ.
Schedule: Part time
Length of Contract: Not Applicable (Regular Position)
Work Location: 33 Dundas St. East (909), Toronto, ON
Travel Requirements: None
Posting Category/Function: Broadcasting & TV Operations
Requisition ID: 224594
Posting Notes: Media