Job Description :
Position: Communications Specialist
File #: 2021-22223
Status: Temporary, full-time (1 Year) with opportunity for extension
Dept/Program: Institute for Better Health
Site: Mississauga Hospital
Posted: July 15, 2021
Internal Deadline: July 29, 2021
Do you want to make a difference in your community by impacting the lives of patients, families and employees? Work in a complex, innovative and challenging work environment that strives for excellence? Challenge the status quo by modernizing healthcare? Enjoy a competitive compensation package? Then Trillium Health Partners is the place for you!
Trillium Health Partners established the Institute for Better Health (IBH) to help create a new kind of health care for a healthier community. The Institute for Better Health leads research projects that align with the hospital's goals and supports the advancement of research work across the hospital
- all with the intention of improving health and transforming care. Being embedded in one of the largest hospitals in Ontario offers exciting opportunities to test solutions that can be adapted to impact health in our community, province, country and beyond.
Reporting to the Manager, Strategic Design and Knowledge Translation, the Communications Specialist will be responsible for supporting the IBH's Knowledge Translation and Engagement function, which is focused on synthesizing and sharing research and innovation findings across THP and in the community with the overall goal of improving health services, products and experiences. This role will support the development and implementation of internal and external communications planning and materials, including: creating and executing communications plans, supporting communications reviews and approvals, developing and editing written materials, event organization and coordination and website/social media management. The ideal candidate will be an exceptional writer that can translate, synthesize and edit materials into clear communications for the intended audience in multiple formats, has experience in a fast-paced and highly collaborative environment working with diverse stakeholders on developing communications materials, and has good working knowledge of digital media, production tools and applications.
- Writing and content development for internal and external audiences (i.e., IBH communications plans, memos and announcements, key messaging, scripting, awareness and promotional materials, presentations, website content, etc.)
- Provide strategic advisory on communications plans, messaging and platforms, including risk identification
- Developing concepts and designing IBH production materials (e.g. newsletter, posters, presentations, etc.)
- Supporting IBH digital and social media strategy development and website management
- Supporting IBH communications cascades and approvals across multiple groups and levels (including senior leadership)
- Organizing and coordinating IBH events and promotion, including large-scale conferences and lectures
- Liaising with internal and external stakeholders, including Trillium Health Partners' Communications to ensure alignment of messaging and timelines
Qualifications & Skills:
- Successful completion of a university degree in communications, public relations or similar field
- 5+ years in a communications, public relations or similar role
- Exceptional communications skills (verbal and written)
- Strong knowledge of social media platforms (Twitter, LinkedIn, Facebook, YouTube), strategy development and best practices
- Ability to design production-ready materials with intermediate knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite
- Ability to manage and coordinate large events (in-person and virtual)
- Ability to create communications plans, key messaging, scripts and press releases
- Demonstrated effective interpersonal and relationship management skills
- Demonstrated ability to engage and work with stakeholders at multiple levels, including senior leadership
- Ability to apply critical and strategic thinking skills to communications planning to support decision-making and risk mitigation
- Strong organizational and planning skills with the ability to multi-task and meet deadlines
- A team player with the ability to work in an interprofessional and collaborative environment
- Knowledge of video production and photography is an asset
For more information regarding IBH, please visit: www.instituteforbetterhealth.com.
The Institute for Better Health team is currently working remotely with the possibility of returning physically on-site in the future.
Internal Candidates who believe they possess the necessary qualifications and experience for this position and who have been in their current position for at least six (6) months are encouraged to apply.
To pursue this career opportunity, please visit our website: www.trilliumhealthpartners.ca
Trillium Health Partners is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering a healthy, safe and respectful environment for healing, based on our values compassion, excellence and courage. To be Better Together, we commit to fostering a respectful workplace culture that promotes a safe and supportive environment for everyone who provides care, supports caregiving, receives care or visits the hospital.
In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 and the Ontario Human Rights Code Trillium Health Partners will provide accommodations throughout the recruitment and selection process to applicants with disabilities. If selected to participate in the recruitment and selection process, please inform Human Resources of the nature of any accommodation(s) that you may require in respect of any materials or processes used to ensure your equal participation.
All personal information is collected under the authority of the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act.
Trillium Health Partners is identified under the French Language Services Act.
We thank all those who apply but only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.