With more than 27+ billion digitized global historical records, 100 million family trees, and 18 million people in our growing AncestryDNA database, Ancestry helps customers discover their family story and gain a new level of understanding about their lives. Passionate about dedicating your work to enriching people's lives? You belong at Ancestry.
Working for Ancestry offers a career defining opportunity to be part of a fast-growing B2C online company with a vibrant culture and ample opportunities to advance your career. Ancestry's brand is, first and foremost, purpose-driven. We help unlock new understanding and meaningful connections for our customers every day. We connect people to the essence of what it means to be human using ingenious technologies, the imagination of scientific possibilities, and a deep understanding of the human need to belong. We empower journeys of personal discovery to enrich lives. About the Sector: This is a chance to optimize growth in an already high-growth industry for the Canadian market, providing a unique opportunity to gain experience in both online subscription (Family History/Genealogy) as well as packaged products (DNA kits). About the Role: Ancestry is seeking a strategic, collaborative, and self-starting Senior Integrated Marketing Manager to help support our marketing activity and drive customer growth across the Canadian market. The position reports to the Country Manager, Canada and is a work-from-home based position in Toronto until full re-opening and return to office is encouraged. You will support Team Canada by planning, executing, and optimizing marketing activity designed to engage our target audiences throughout all stages of the funnel, and helping implement our marketing strategy to deliver growth. This opportunity is ideal for anyone who has wanted to accelerate market footprint in a start-up-like environment under the umbrella of a secure and well-resourced corporate parent. What You Will Do
- lead adaptation of brand strategy into execution through program management for development of executing campaigns across owned (email, onsite), paid (TV, radio, online video, social, digital display), and earned (organic social)
Promotional Campaign Management
- plan and execute marketing strategy around priority seasonal calendarized events throughout the year, ensuring incremental growth is achieved through paid subscription registrations and DNA kit e-commerce sales
- Working across all media to optimize our funnel with day to day leadership of mid-funnel media planning with our agency to ensure we consistently achieve KPIs in brand awareness and consideration, website traffic, search uplift, and acquisition for both Family History and DNA.
- ensure briefings are crystal clear asks to our creative, media, and PR agency partners, covering primary objectives, KPIs, measurement, etc. and being accountable for tracking and reporting results
Project Management Leadership
- provide project management expertise and stewardship for the team on larger campaigns, including ensuring logistical management of milestones, alignment, and approvals are achieved on time and on budget. Overall management of marketing and content calendars, etc.
- possess an analytical mind that is capable of reviewing market research and consumer behaviour trends to recommend and drive strategy forward to grow Canadian market
7+ years' experience in similar marketing role, either client or agency side
A bachelor's degree or equivalent experience in media/marketing/advertising/communications/commerce (or similar)
Experience developing integrated creative and media planning, executing, and communicating results for consumer marketing, in an e-Commerce environment
Experience leading end-to-end campaign management across owned (email, onsite) and paid (TV, radio, online video, social, digital display, SEM) channels
Thrive in a test-and-learn environment with a demonstrated ability to set-up new, best practice approaches throughout the customer journey
Clear and confident communicator, with experience in writing marketing communications
Proven organizational and project management skills including the ability to manage multiple, sometimes competing tasks under pressure, with an excellent eye for detail
Comfortable working from home with small remote teams in global territories including London, Dublin, San Francisco, and Salt Lake City. This will also entail occasional flexibility to take calls outside regular working hours and an ability to travel internationally once or twice a year
Please note that this position will be a work from home position until the City of Toronto provides guidance to wide return to office policies.
Additional Information: Ancestry is an Equal Opportunity Employer that makes employment decisions without regard to race, color, religious creed, national origin, ancestry, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, mental or physical disability, medical condition, military or veteran status, citizenship, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. In addition, Ancestry will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.
All job offers are contingent on a background check screen that complies with applicable law. For San Francisco office candidates, pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, Ancestry will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Ancestry is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Ancestry via-email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Ancestry. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Ancestry as a result of the referral or through other