We're looking for a strategic, collaborative, and innovative Director of Creator & Content (IP) Marketing who will define and scale the Creators & IP Marketing practices at Wattpad. In this role, you will be responsible for the Marketing strategies that compel Wattpad Creators to grow and cultivate their careers and readerbase on Wattpad, and for driving growth of top IP and their fandoms to create blockbusters.
Reporting into the Head of Marketing, you will be responsible for Marketers working on Creator & IP marketing initiatives
- from strategy to execution
- to grow awareness, audience, buzz, retention, and revenue for both Wattpad and Wattpad WEBTOON Studios. This is a high impact role, critically important to the company's mission to unleash the full potential of stories, and one that plays a key role in fueling Wattpad's ambitious Creator & IP-centric vision.
What you'll be doing:
- Lead the Creator & IP Marketing practices at Wattpad, building new frameworks and methodologies; developing best practices, processes, and tactics that will amplify top IP and build audiences.
- Manage a team of Creator & IP Marketers across different teams such as: Content & Creator, Monetization, and Wattpad WEBTOON Studios; hiring and training additional talent as needed, in support of Wattpad's revenue goals and strategic plan
- Collaborate closely with the Social, Experience Design, Content, and Product teams to define user insights that impact Marketing plans
- Oversee the Creator & IP marketing activities schedule. Build alignment with cross-functional teams ensuring consistent and relevant communications & marketing tactics that deliver against Key Results (KR)'s.
- Keep a pulse on Creator and Blockbuster IP innovations from entertainment and IP companies, to inspire experiment and scale our own Creator and IP growth.
- Push creative boundaries and thinking to explore new and high impact merchandising and visibility on and off platform for both top IP and Wattpad Creators
- Identify and validate high potential audience segments for building and scaling fandoms
What we're looking for:
- 10+ years in Marketing; you are an accomplished domain expert in Creator or IP Marketing and have experience leading teams in launching buzz-worthy B2C campaigns
- You are strategic and able to translate business objectives into actionable annual and quarterly strategies that positively impact revenue, the business, and the team
- Responsible for hiring, performance management, and feedback across the Creator & IP Marketing team
- As a collaborative leader, you have an ability to work cross-functionally to build and nurture relationships in support of business objectives and to prioritize Creator & IP Marketing initiatives
- You are user obsessed; you have a desire to deeply understand (creator) communities, and target audiences in ways that impact your Creator & IP positioning and promotion
- You maintain and infuse your team with a high standard for Marketing excellence and strong communication, paired with strong attention to detail
- You relish working with data & analytics, and are comfortable extracting insights that produce actionable learnings, sharing them to a wide variety of audiences
- Comfortable and experienced with a wide range of qualitative and quantitative research approaches to help identify and validate Creator & IP marketing opportunities
- You appreciate structure and are able to oversee your team's process, ensuring projects deliver on business needs
- Responsible for ensuring all Creator & IP Marketing budget is effectively allocated and adhered to
What we offer:
- Competitive salary
- Career development; we believe in mentorship and supporting you to achieve your goals
- Health benefits, fully covered on us!
- RRSP Contributions
- Generous vacation and Parental Leave Top-up
- $200/month Transit and Home Office Allowance, choice of hardware, flexible hours, hybrid office and remote work options
- Corporate discount for gym membership for you and your family
- A beautiful office in downtown Halifax, with easy access to transit
- Summer Fridays with afternoons off!
- And a whole lot more!
**Update: Wattpad is still actively hiring for this role! We are a robust and growing business; our search for new talent continues.**
Due to the current state with COVID-19, Wattpad will conduct all interviews in a distributed manner using applicable third party software where needed and using visual interface tools such as Google Hangouts and Zoom. Our intention is to respect everybody's need for safety and adherence to social distancing.
We also want to respect our team's personal needs and capacity for professional commitments during this time; consequently our pace for the interviewing process might be impacted.
Who are we? Entrepreneurs and Do-ers. Our vision is to entertain and connect the world through stories, and our mission is to use the power of community and technology to unleash the full potential of stories to the world.
What does that mean? We are visionaries, community builders, passionate problem solvers, storytellers, coffee snobs (tea drinkers, too!), curious by nature, and culturally diverse.
What are we obsessed with?
How do we work? Autonomously, collaboratively, respectfully. Balancing with work, family, and play...and all while having a great time.
Culture and Diversity
Wattpad is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate. Period.
Wattpad welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. We have taken a leadership position on creating a culture and an organization that truly values diversity. We are committed to fostering a global team that reflects the diversity of the Wattpad community. At Wattpad, we believe cultural fit doesn't mean culturally identical, and diversity of thought helps us to challenge one another to think big and think differently. We consider employment applicants without regard to age, race, colour, national origin, citizenship, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, veteran status, marital status, disability status or any other protected status.
If you have any special needs or accessibility requirements, please let us know. We will do our utmost to accommodate, in accordance with applicable local legislation.