True North Sports
- Entertainment is looking for a creative and highly motivated marketing professional to join our team.
With a significant focus on digital platforms, the Live Entertainment Marketing Coordinator will promote and create awareness of all non-hockey events, maximize publicity, manage media and community interaction, help maximize event and ancillary revenue while increasing the profiles of our venues within the event industry, the public community, and online. The successful candidate will be a self-starter who enjoys planning and collaborating and takes pride in creating effective communications from ideation to execution. Excellent organizational skills along with proficiency in digital and social media marketing and advertising are ideal for this position. An individual who is resourceful, innovative, and brings a positive approach to every task will excel in this role.
What to be excited for in this role:
- Assist with creating and executing successful marketing campaigns and promotions for shows and events at Canada Life Centre & Burton Cummings Theatre.
- Manage venue social media channels and digital engagement to increase followers and event awareness, including organic and paid campaigns.
- Assist in the creation and distribution of press releases internally and to local media.
- Regularly update content on Canada Life Centre and Burton Cummings Theatre websites and content management systems.
- Support efforts and create materials to assist with non-hockey group sales, sponsorship or other sales support functions as required.
- Develop and create engaging promotional content for different customer segments and platforms to market upcoming events.
- Maintain and develop partnerships with media, and key community and strategic partners.
- Act as a media escort at non-hockey events.
- Participation in external events, as required, to assist in the promotion of True North.
- Other duties as assigned.
What we need from you:
- A bachelor's degree in marketing or communications, with a minimum of 3 years' related experience in a fast-paced role or a suitable combination of education and experience
- A passion for live event promotion, concerts, and music.
- Comprehensive marketing and promotion knowledge with strong emphasis on digital and social media.
- Proficiency in Google Analytics or experience with similar platforms is an asset.
- Excellent proficiency in a variety of computer software programs including Photoshop (saving/editing images for web), Microsoft Office, and InDesign or similar introductory design software. such as images and PDF documents).
- Willingness to stay up to date on related entertainment marketing and digital marketing trends.
- Strong attention to detail, verbal, and written communications skills.
- Ability to work independently and display sound judgment and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent organizational skills including ability to prioritize and balance multiple projects and competing demands in a dynamic work environment.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and discretion.
- Willingness, ability, and availability to work evenings and weekends regularly as required for events and special projects.
Due to the nature of the sports and entertainment industry where indoor public assembly takes place, it is True
North's expectation that all employees must be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 by August 31, 2021 in a manner
approved by Health Canada. Providing confirmation of full vaccine status by August 31, 2021 is a condition of
employment unless a request for accommodation in accordance with The Human Rights Code (Manitoba) has been
received and approved by True North. Reasonable documentation supporting any request for accommodation will