Sales Manager, Small Groups & Events
Through your passion and motivation, you will sell & create memorable experiences for our guests. You are professional and knowledgeable about our property, and you build strong relationships cross the hotel while creating bonds with your guests.
What's in it for you:
- Employee benefit card offering discounted rates in Accor & Marriott worldwide
- Competitive benefit program, including medical, dental, vision, retirement savings, and an employee & family assistance program
- Learning programs through our Academies
- Opportunity to develop your talent and grow within your property and across the world!
What you will be doing:
- Consistently offer professional, friendly and engaging service, while ensuring prompt and courteous service is provided to both internal and external contacts
- Create, maintain and manage positive and strong relationships with all guests, vendors, departments, colleagues and the global sales network
- Actively sell guestrooms to small groups, ensuring monthly, quarterly & yearly goals are met
- Organize and conduct introductory & planning site visits in a professional manner that addresses the needs of the guests/groups, while showcasing our hotel and offerings
- Solicit and engage with new business/clients, while maintaining existing relationships and capturing rebookings
- Confirm and review guestroom requirements and event/function details with clients in advance of arrival, while creating internal communication for this information including group resumes, banquet event orders & rooming lists
- Create strong relationships across various departments, including Front Office, Culinary, Housekeeping, Audio Visual, etc., while ensuring information is accurately communicated and operational requirements are accounted for
- Manage on-site programming and events/functions group based on provided information/schedule
- Ensure all group, meeting & event information is added to various internal systems with accuracy
- Participate in tradeshows, conventions and promotional events
- Manage billing, deposits and payments as required
- Other duties as assigned
Your experience and skills include:
- Computer literate with Microsoft Office applications is required and prior experience with property management systems is an asset
- Diploma/degree in a related field is an asset
- Exceptional interpersonal skills, both written and verbal is essential, with the ability to build relationships and rapport seamlessly
- Proven ability to problem solve, interact with many moving parts and interact with various areas throughout the hotel
- Demonstrated customer service skills with the ability to focus attention on guest needs while remaining calm and professional at all times
- Ability to work well under pressure while handling short lead times when necessary
- High attention to detail to ensure accuracy at all times
Your team and working environment:
- Sheraton Suites Calgary Eau Claire is a unique property, managed by Accor under the Fairmont brand, and operating as a franchised Marriott property, which offers exposure to many stakeholders and brands
- The team at Sheraton Suites Calgary Eau Claire is committed to excellence, open, welcoming and feels like a second family
- Connected to Calgary's towers and situated on the banks of the Bow River, experience impeccable service inspired by our western roots; "Our backyard is better than yours".
Must be legally eligible to work in Canada. The hotel is unable to assist candidates in obtaining Canadian work authorization.
Our commitment to Diversity & Inclusion:
We are an inclusive company and our ambition is to attract, recruit and promote diverse talent.
Why work for Accor?
We are far more than a worldwide leader. We welcome you as you are and you can find a job and brand that matches your personality. We support you to grow and learn every day, making sure that work brings purpose to your life, so that during your journey with us, you can continue to explore Accor's limitless possibilities.
By joining Accor, every chapter of your story is yours to write and together we can imagine tomorrow's hospitality. Discover the life that awaits you at Accor, visit https://careers.accor.com/
Do what you love, care for the world, dare to challenge the status quo! #BELIMITLESS