For over 100 years, we have been the engine that drives the Ontario horse racing industry. From King's and Queen's trips to Canada, to first dates, anniversaries and unforgettable horse races, we create winning experiences for all our guests.
Join a certified Great Place to Work team and be part of the future of horse racing and entertainment. Access exciting programs that can help unlock your potential while developing challenging and rewarding career goals. As we grow, we need dedicated people to join our cause. Be part of Woodbine Entertainment and get inspired to make work awesome!
Our Values & Beliefs
| WOW EVERY GUEST | OWN IT! | LISTEN & CONNECT
- PEOPLE MATTER | FUEL THE FUN & PASS IT ON | TRUST IN OUR TEAM | #WE CARE | PURSUE YOUR POTENTIAL |BE BOLD| BE ALL IN |
The graphic designer needs to be a talented designer/production artist that wants to become an integral part of our team. Reporting to the Creative Director and Senior Designer, the designer will have exceptional enthusiasm for design and an appreciation for the sports marketing event segment. The ideal designer will be a creative thinker, with a passion for details and is comfortable in both the digital and print worlds. Capable of producing visually compelling and sophisticated designs and can follow and implement brand guidelines and principles.
The difference you will make:
- Design and development of website assets, banner ads, multimedia promotional and wayfinding materials, print, billboards, and a variety of other graphic materials as needed.
- Liaises with creative team and account managers to meet marketing objectives, discuss effective creative direction, and ensure brand consistency and high standards of creative execution for the improvement of marketing materials.
- Responsible for managing revisions to artwork and accuracy of information. Ensures accuracy of pre-flight file set-up and specs for all out-going artwork.
- Fulfill design projects from concept to completion (conceptual design, production, and print/web ready files)
- Prepare files for digital and offset print production.
Key Success Factors
- Post-secondary education or equivalent in graphic design
- Preferably two (2) to three (3) plus years of related work experience
- Knowledge of the sports and entertainment event environment an asset
- Technical knowledge of creative and production processes (web and print)
- Knowledge of PC operating systems preferred
- Strong ability to prioritize tasks, organize and multi-task
- Ability to develop ideas into functional finished assets
- Pre-press background and knowledge
- Ability to work under tight deadlines
- Experience with CS5 with strong skills in Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, After Effects
- Can work independently with little supervision
- Ability to be proactive and troubleshoot under pressure
- Enjoys a collaborative team environment
Guided by our Values and Beliefs, Woodbine Entertainment commits to providing an authentic and empowering work experience! Please reach out if you're ready to embrace change and be part of a new breed of experience while working for one of Canada's certified Great Places to Work!