PRT is the largest commercial-scale containerized growing provider in North America for a wide range of forestry seedling species. We blend the cultivation of seedlings with cold storage facilities, logistics services and technology to meet critical silviculture and reforestation needs. PRT operates a diverse network of 19 nurseries in Canada and the United States enabling us to grow 300 million high-quality forest seedlings for all climatic and site conditions annually.
PRT Growing Services Ltd. is searching for an experienced full-time, permanent Customer Support Representative (CSR) to provide outstanding sales and marketing coverage and the overall administration of PRT's Alberta, Saskatchewan & Manitoba regions (ASM). The CSR-ASM, will play a leading role in ensuring that PRT will effectively achieve sales targets in the crucial Alberta, Saskatchewan & Manitoba forest seedling markets. This will be accomplished by maintaining expert knowledge of the market and industry, applying sales and marketing efforts to all prospective forest seedling customers in the market and by coordinating all customer requirements with PRT Production personnel, PRT Contract and Sales Administrators, and PRT's internal information systems. The successful candidate must demonstrate flexibility and adaptability to changing priorities while having the capacity to handle multiple tasks simultaneously, including ongoing sales administration tasks together with working actively with PRT nursery staff. Excellent verbal and written communication skills are required in order to communicate effectively with customers and colleagues, create a variety of sales reports, and produce an annual marketing plan and presentation. PRT displays a strong passion for supporting forest renewal and resource sustainability. The CSR will be part of a Customer Support team that supports the forest industry and exudes pride in having a positive impact on the sustainability and competitiveness of the forest industry.
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
The ideal candidate will have:
- Post-secondary education, preferably with a Bachelor's degree in Forestry, equivalent or other education in a relevant discipline; a current RPF or RFT designation would be desirable
- At least five to ten years experience in a territory sales management role supporting forestry customers
- Strong forestry, silviculture and forest seedling growing knowledge
- Knowledge of and a network within the Alberta, Saskatchewan & Manitoba forest industry
- Valid Drivers License, vehicle, and clean abstract with the ability to travel within assigned territory 25-40% of the time and the ability to travel to Canada as required (https://www.prt.com/contact/nursery-locations)
- Excellent communication skills including verbal, written, and presentational
- Proven track record of building customer relationships that yield sustained business growth
- The ability to conduct professional tours and presentations to customers and colleagues
- The ability to gather market intelligence including market knowledge and company knowledge to optimize our strategic positioning
- Proficient MS Office skills (Word, Excel, Outlook including scheduling and PowerPoint)
- Experience operating with a high level of confidentiality and adherence to corporate compliance, reporting, and company policies
- A forward thinking, mature and professional nature.
Compensation, Benefits & Workplace Culture:
- Highly competitive annual salary matching your level of experience and ability
- Bonus incentive program
- Matching RRSP program
- Comprehensive benefits package inclusive of extended health, dental and medical, provincial medial with all premiums paid by the employer
- Relocation allowance (if applicable)
- Successful applicant will be expected to live within 2 hour drive of PRT's Beaverlodge, Alberta or PRT Prince Albert, Saskatchewan nurseries
- Our PRT nurseries are vibrant and fun communities with employees who share a strong passion for the ?green? nature of our business and doing their part in regenerating the forests of North America
- We provide a supportive team structured environment, a strong safety culture, and a commitment to the environment.
How to Apply:
Applications will be accepted until July 31, 2021. To learn more about this great opportunity please contact us and/or submit your resume and cover letter in confidence through the career page of our PRT website; at https://www.prt.com/careers/current-job-postings
Check out our career video at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AsvfZdw_9m0
We thank everyone who has applied; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.