Job Posting TitleSenior Manager, External Communications
Job CategoryMedia, Corporate & Public Affairs
LANGUAGE REQUIREMENTSBilingual / Bilingue
In the event a qualified bilingual candidate is not found, a qualified unilingual candidate will be considered. / Dans l'éventualité où un candidat bilingue qualifié n'est pas disponible, un candidat unilingue qualifié sera considéré.
Posting Start Date2021-07-14
Posting End Date2021-07-23
Job GradeL2 Zone A
Pay Range Commensurate with Experience / Selon l'expérience
Job SummaryManages the External Communications team and plays a supporting function for ongoing government relations for NAV CANADA on a variety of corporate issues, aiming to build and maintain positive relations that reflect well on NAV CANADA. Leads a strong external communications function focused on the company's interests.
The incumbent plays a key role planning and coordinating project, plans, and initiatives related to corporate communications, media relations, social media and digital communications and marketing.
The incumbent leads and mentors team staff, contributes to departmental and company communications/external communications strategies, budgeting and forecasting, human resource and succession planning and supporting positive relations with internal and external clients, partners and stakeholders.
- Manages the development of communications campaigns and programs, supervising a team of managers and specialists who provide the hands-on communications support.
- Oversees the Company brand program and corporate products. Provides strategic communications advice and counsel involving the preparation and execution of corporate communication plans and strategies, programs, and projects in support of the Company's business objectives.
- Manages the Company's digital communications platforms, including its corporate website and social media presence. Ensures ongoing quality assurance and improvement of corporate website content to enhance user experience.
- Working with an internal cross-functional team, this position plays a supportive role in dealing with the Federal Government at the political level.
- Oversees a broad media relations and issues management program that involves proactive and reactive media relations strategies and plans to grow, enhance, protect and defend corporate reputation. Serves as spokesperson for the company when required and ensures effective coaching/ media training for senior management when they serve as spokespersons. Ensures an effective media monitoring service for the Corporation, including a daily clipping service. Champions the company's crisis communications plan.
- This position is responsible for managing proactive external communications programs aimed at effectively communicating key corporate safety and service initiatives and protecting and building corporate reputation with stakeholders, marketing the Company's products and services and promoting the company's careers with potential recruits.
Job Requirements :
- University education in public relations, communications, journalism, political science or a related field is required, or a relevant combination of education and experience.
- Experience leading and mentoring employees and teams.
- Experience planning and managing financial and human resources, especially in the context of changing priorities.
- Strong communications planning, design and execution.
- Experience in managing consultation programs.
- Experience as a spokesperson with media and stakeholders.
- Public relations experience with strong communications component and demonstrated track record (+5 years).
- Some private sector experience is an asset.
- A solid understanding of aviation industry, key issues and their implications for the air navigation system.
- A solid understanding of strategic planning and internal and external consultation principles.
- Understanding of government and regulatory processes and corporate disclosure rules.
- Current with traditional and social media practices.
- Project management principles and practices.
Abilities & Personal Suitability:
- Effective leadership, management and planning corporate programs and initiatives.
- Able to communicate effectively and succinctly, both verbally and in writing.
- Strong business influencer, as well as an effective manager with strong leadership skills and a coach/motivator in team environments.
- Strong networking skills are critical, but these must be married to a substantive approach and deep understanding of the issues.
- Able to analyse issues and determine approaches to address them in the interest of the corporation and to present information to senior management with a clear point of view and in a manner that supports effective decision making.
Language requirements :
- Language requirements are bilingual. However, in the event a qualified bilingual candidate is not found, a qualified unilingual candidate will be considered. Both bilingual and unilingual candidates are encouraged to apply.
Some travel required.
The successful candidate must meet the security requirement of the position and be legally able to work in Canada.
At NAV CANADA, safety is our priority. We require pre-employment drug screening for all candidates offered positions designated as safety sensitive in accordance with NAV CANADA's Drug and Alcohol policy.
NAV CANADA is committed to building a skilled, diverse workforce reflective of Canadian society. As a result, it promotes employment equity and encourages candidates to indicate voluntarily and clearly on the subject line of their application if they are a woman, an Aboriginal person, a person with a disability or a member of a visible minority group.
NAV CANADA is committed to developing inclusive, barrier-free selection processes and work environments. If contacted regarding this competition, please advise the interview coordinator of accommodation measures you may require.
We thank all applicants for their interest; only those selected for an interview will be contacted.