Posted: Jul 12, 2021
Having access to world class reporting is important, now more than ever. At Apple News, we seek to give our readers meaningful coverage of current events, from trusted sources, served with a human touch. To get the news out about our services, like Apple News+, our marketing team is continuously driving impact and results. The role will offer marketing exposure across digital advertising, direct marketing, social media, and partnership marketing. Apple Media Services marketing team is looking for an experienced, dynamic, results-oriented marketing manager specializing in robust customer engagement and digital marketing for Canada. This is a 12-month contract commencing July/August 2021. As a Marketing Manager, you will be part of a diverse marketing team and will and help shape plans that deliver results for our business.
- Marketing and subscription experience (5+ years)
- Experience with creative production and project management
- Experience in managing and evaluating media plans
- Understanding of the news media landscape, key publishers and consumer engagement
- Proficiency in digital marketing to general consumer audiences
- Analytical background, with ability to collect, analyze, and report on data
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Comfortable presenting to cross-functional groups (10+ people)
- Understanding how to evaluate creative and manage localization
- Passion for and understanding of Apple brand and products.
- Comfortable delivering against tight and sometimes shifting deadlines
- Extraordinary social and relationship-building interpersonal skills
- Ability to work with international peers collaboratively across timezones
- Outstanding organizational skills and the ability to balance multiple projects simultaneously
- An ability to analyse and communicate results clearly and effectively to leaders with proficiency in Excel/Numbers and Keynote
- You are creative and resourceful and know how to think different
In this role, you will: ? Work with our agencies to devise and run paid acquisition marketing campaigns to drive subscription growth ? Work closely with our editorial, business and marketing teams to build locally meaningful campaigns around local moments ? Create strategies and define clear marketing priorities for our news business and execute on plans ? Collaborate with teams across multiple geographies ? Work with business leads to present marketing summaries during quarterly business reviews with key publishers ? Manage creative deliverables and timelines with production teams ? Report on campaign performance and identify trends to optimize ? Manage owned marketing channels, including CRM, on-store, in-app ? Handle other tasks as needed, including supporting the other Apple Media Services
Education & Experience
BA/BSc degree in a related field is a plus. Fluency in French is a plus.