Requisition ID: 268537
Position Number: 20044263
Posting End Date: July 16, 2021
Site: Seven Oaks General Hospital
Work Location: Foundation Office
Department / Unit: SOGH Foundation
Job Stream: Non-Clinical
Anticipated Start Date: August 9, 2021
Anticipated Shift: Days
Daily Hours Worked: 7.75
Annual Base Hours: 2015
Grow your career in the Winnipeg Health Region! Our team provides a spectrum of health care services through an integrated network of sites, services and organizations. We're united by a shared commitment to excellent and equitable health care.
- Reporting to and working closely with the Executive Director the Communications Manager will develop and execute a strategic communications and engagement plan that will support the Foundations activities
- Developing & implementing a dynamic social media presence that aligns with the Foundation's vision that includes evolving an updating the Foundation's website
- Identifying opportunities for creating and supporting community engagement activities
- Passionately communicating stories about our patients, our impact, our research and our medical professionals to appropriate target audiences
- In conjunction with the ED and the Foundation Council develop advocacy messages for municipal, provincial, and federal audiences.
- Work with the Executive Director to identify key strategic issues, social or political developments, and emerging trends that may be opportunities and recommends responses
- Strong commitment and passion for health and wellness and the ability to identify opportunities to promote our Foundation
- Oversee the preparation, assembly, and submission of grant requests; including letters of inquiry, proposals,
- Manage and provide direction to a variety of contracted professionals who will assist with the implementation of the communications functions
- Knowledge and ability to recruit and secure contract expertise
- A minimum of 7-10 years of experience in communications
- Experience working in a nonprofit environment is a definite asset
- Experience in establishing and cultivating strong relationships with colleagues, partners, donors, and trustees
- Extensive experience managing agencies and contract services
- Extensive experience working in social media platforms (Twitter, LinkedIn, Facebook etc.)
- Post-secondary degree in communications or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Special training
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS
- Positive and fun outlook, and strong interpersonal skills
- General familiarity with office applications (MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
- Possess a solid understanding of the intent and goals of Customer Relationship Management software
- Strong leadership and communication skills
- Committed to high performance standards and continuous improvement; open to adopting to thinking ?outside of the box' on campaigns, partnerships, etc.
- Understanding of effective web-based fundraising activities including digital campaigns and social marketing
- Strong oral and written communication skills and presentation/public speaking skills
- Highly self-directed, with the ability and skills to establish and manage priorities
- Ability to maintain a calm while working in a busy environment and as part of small closely-knit team with key volunteers
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Demonstrated interpersonal skills to communicate with team members, and external contacts, including corporate donors, the media, volunteers and the general public
- Demonstrated high degree of maturity, reliability, good judgment, tact and discretion, when dealing with confidential or sensitive information
- Must be willing to work some flexible hours
- Must be able to attend Foundation events
- Travel within the city
This position requires a current satisfactory Criminal Records Check (including Vulnerable Sector Search), Child Abuse Registry Check and Adult Abuse Registry Check as conditions of employment. The successful candidate will be responsible for any service charges incurred. A security check is considered current if it was obtained no more than six (6) months prior to the start of employment.
Please note that an employee is not permitted to hold two or more positions across the WRHA legal entity that combine to equal more than 1.0 EFT. The WRHA legal entity includes Churchill Health Centre, Deer Lodge Centre, Grace Hospital, Middlechurch Home of Winnipeg, Pan Am Clinic, River Park Gardens, Victoria General Hospital, WRHA corporate programs, and WRHA community health services.
Interviewed candidates may be called upon to participate in a skills assessment.
Any application received after the closing time will not be included in the competition.
We welcome applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available upon request during the assessment and selection process.