Monday, July 5, 2021
Reporting to the Vice President, Communications & Stakeholder Engagement, the Communications Specialist supports and assists in the execution of communications projects including public relations activities, communications with media, government and stakeholder groups as well as assists in the execution of corporate events.
This position is also responsible for a broad range of communication functions including; preparing, writing and editing various communication materials and/or documents such as speeches, briefing notes, reports and presentations to address Travel Manitoba's communication requirements.
- Assists in the implementation of the corporation's annual communication requirements for all divisions: Communications and Stakeholder Engagement; Destination Management and Marketing. Target audiences for key messages include the general public, industry, government, businesses, investors and potential employees.
- Serves as an exemplary writer, as well as copy editor of content produced by team members.
- Assists in the delivery of all communication projects for Travel Manitoba.
- Assists in preparing response to information requests and/or complaints/concerns from the general public, government, industry stakeholders/partners, etc.
- Prepares presentations for Executive Management.
- Coordinates the delivery of communication pieces, working directly with the Senior Graphic Designer and Coordinator, Asset & Design.
- Maintains a solid understanding of key stakeholders, including target audiences, industry, government and the public and develop appropriate messages for each distinct audience.
- Prepares award nominations and other submissions on behalf of Travel Manitoba and industry.
- Manages communication requirements for and contributes to the organization of media events and industry events, including Travel Manitoba conferences and webinars, Tourism Awards, and Annual General Meeting.
- Assists in the management of the Stakeholder Engagement budget.
- Leads, assists and/or contributes to Travel Manitoba projects as required.
- Other duties as required.
HOW TO APPLY:
Please submit resume via Isarta