- To increase the financial profitability of Power & Tel by proactively selling products and services.
- Meets and exceeds sales/GM$ goals for assigned territory.
- Stays within expense budget and turns in reports timely.
- Interfaces regularly with AMs and management in developing sales strategies and target accounts.
- Interfaces regularly with vendors to maximize our relationship and their support.
- Active solicitation of potential customers.
- Participates in product promotions, training classes, and conventions.
- Development of strong vendor relations.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Deliver new business growth via new customers, category expansion and key account retention and growth strategies.
- Manage customer business reviews, proposals, pricing, etc.
- Establish productive & professional relationships with key personnel in assigned customer/prospect accounts.
- Develop strong relationships with both P&T internal product manager(s) and external suppliers.
- Liaise with marketing & product development to ensure brand consistency, awareness & positioning (Trade Shows, Associations, etc).
Key Performance Indicators:
- Deliver new sales & current customer account growth to meet sales goals
- Deploy & comply with customer business review execution and improvement plans
- Deliver new customer acquisition & reactivation targets
- Increase existing account growth YoY.
- Participate in industry associations to expand Power & Tel market share.
The purpose of this outline job description is to focus attention on the most important aspects of the job. It is not intended to be a complete list of every duty and it is therefore to be expected that the day to day performance of the job will frequently include tasks not listed above. The list of duties for which the job holder is responsible may be varied or added to at the discretion of your manager. Any such alterations intended to be permanent will be added to this job description.
Microsoft Office Skills
Business Acumen Skills
Loyal: Shows firm and constant support to a cause
Dedicated: Devoted to a task or purpose with loyalty or integrity
Team Player: Works well as a member of a group
Thought Provoking: Capable of making others think deeply on a subject
Enthusiastic: Shows intense and eager enjoyment and interest
Financial: Inspired to perform well by monetary reimbursement
Self-Starter: Inspired to perform without outside help
Job Security: Inspired to perform well by the knowledge that your job is safe
Goal Completion: Inspired to perform well by the completion of tasks
Flexibility: Inspired to perform well when granted the ability to set your own schedule and goals
Ability to Make an Impact: Inspired to perform well by the ability to contribute to the success of a project or the organization
Bachelors or better in Sales or related field.
1 year: Sales experience in the telecommunications industry, specifically selling telecommunication infrastructure hardware (outside plant, inside plant materials)
1 year: Sales experience in distribution industry
2 years: Experience with territory sales (had an assigned region/territory/market)
3 years: Proven results in meeting sales targets
3 years: Experience in outside sales
1-3 years: Proven skills in using and managing sales activity in a CRM
2 years: Experience selling to Tier 1-5 customers
Licenses & Certifications