The B.C. government has established a single Crown agency, the BC Financial Services Authority (BCFSA) to regulate the province's financial services sector, including credit unions, trust companies, insurance companies, mortgage brokers, pension plans, and real estate services. This summer, the Real Estate Council of BC (RECBC) and the Office of the Superintendent of Real Estate (OSRE) will integrate with the BCFSA. By including real estate services within the responsibility of the BCFSA, regulation will be simplified and enhanced across the B.C. financial services sector, resulting in increased consumer confidence and opportunities to streamline investigations and enforcement.
We currently have an opportunity for a Communications Specialist to join our new integrated organization with the BCFSA in Vancouver.
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING:
- Support the internal and external communications plan to improve the quality of communications and increase the flow of relevant information across BCFSA business units and with external stakeholders
- Plan, edit and write content for a variety of internal and external communications mediums including; web copy, social media, ads, newsletters, events, email bulletins, external announcements, orientation materials, presentations and speaker notes, briefing notes, Q&A, and marketing communications collateral such as posters, infographics, brochures, and video
- Undertakes research and conducts data collection for communications assignments, and drafts and edits communications materials in support of BCFSA's projects and initiatives.
- Work closely with BCFSA's communication team to highlight organizational accomplishments, disseminate information, and ensure that communication plans, projects and initiatives are in alignment with branding, tone, policies, and strategies
- Support internal initiatives that build awareness and excitement around our brand, core business, strategic plans, and build upon our reputation
- Develops and maintains content for publication on the internet and intranet sites, develops graphics and compiles materials for publication.
- Develops and implements approaches for the CEO and other executive staff to connect with employees and/or service providers through workplace tours, meet and greets and special events.
- Prepares internal communications materials such as announcements, orientation materials, intranet pages, newsletters, employee surveys, videos, questions and answers.
- Provides monitoring, evaluation, and reports on communication activities.
- Promotes, protects and enhances the reputation of BCFSA through media relations, social media, issues management and public affairs activities
- Contributes to the team's development of internal work practices (e.g., policies, procedures and tools).
- Provides orientation and training to internal and/or external stakeholders within area of responsibility.
- Contributes to, participates in, and supports organizational business transformation initiatives.
WHAT YOU BRING TO THE TABLE:
- Bachelor's Degree in Communications, Public Relations, Journalism, or English and considerable experience in public relations, corporate communications or media relations in a large organization (preferably in a regulatory/governmental environment) or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- Knowledge of the principals, concepts, standards and best practices in the communications field; including, tools of communications, communications planning, social media, issues management and media relations
- Proficient knowledge of Adobe Photoshop/Illustrator, and Microsoft Office Suite (e.g. word, PowerPoint) and content management systems
- Prior experience in managing and leading internal and external communication programs and projects Demonstrated superior writing, editing and verbal communications skills
- Experience with public consultation and stakeholder engagement principles and techniques
- Strong organizational and interpersonal skills, the ability to multi-task and support a cooperative work environment
- Following are not a must, but will be considered an asset if you have:
- IAP2 Certification (International Association for Public Participation)
- Accredited Business Communicator (ABC)
- PROSCI Change Management Certification Training
WHAT YOU WILL RECEIVE IN RETURN:
At BCFSA, we want to ensure that we are continually investing in our greatest resource
- our people.
In addition to living out your values by working towards fulfilling the mandates of BCFSA, we hope to make your employment experience with us the best it can be with employee perks and benefits that contribute to a balanced and enjoyable lifestyle for you and your family.
Here is what you can expect from us:
- Flexible working hours
- 4 weeks' vacation and other leave provisions
- Dental and Extended health insurance and benefits
- Wellness account
- Maternity and parental leave benefits
- Defined benefit pension plan
- Ergonomic workstations
- Employee and family assistance programs
- Employee professional development and training programs
- A Relocation Allowance may be considered for candidates outside British Columbia.
This is an opportunity to participate meaningfully in the protection of consumers in British Columbia leading a collaborative and motivated team. If you want a rewarding career in an environment that values integrity, courage, innovation, growth, collaboration, consider BCFSA.
Candidates who are offered employment will be subject to a criminal record, credential verification, and other background checks as permitted or required by company policy or applicable law.
This position is open to external and internal candidates.
We are committed to employment equity and encourage applications from all qualified candidates.
BCFSA offers accommodation for applicants with disabilities in its recruitment processes. If you are contacted about a career opportunity, please let us know if you require accommodation.
To support employment equity, we welcome applications from all groups. This includes women, visible minorities, Indigenous Peoples, persons with disabilities, persons of diverse sexual orientation, gender identity or expression (LGBTQ2S+), and others who may contribute to diversity and inclusion in BCFSA.
The team at BCFSA thanks you for your interest!