Join Our Team
Join our dynamic, diverse team at Four Seasons Resort & Residences Whistler as the Director of Marketing. This position reports to the General Manager and has a dotted line to the VP Hotel Marketing/Regional Director of Marketing and is Planning/Executive Committee level.
Our work environment pairs a strong commitment to excellent service and authentic experiences with an emphasis on creativity and innovation. We are looking for individuals with not only the right skills but also the right attitude for the role!
Be ready for a warm Canadian experience! At Four Seasons Resort Whistler, we fill guest's days with exhilarating adventures on Whistler and Blackcomb mountains and Employee days with happiness and thrilling working experience. We aim not only to be the best Resort to stay in Canada but also the greatest place to work! We offer 273 newly refurbished elegant guest rooms and suites; a luxury Spa and a top rated
Four Seasons Resort Whistler is located at the foot of Blackcomb and Whistler. The resort is a five-minute walk to the ski lifts and a 10-minute stroll to the village center, making it the perfect location for a rustic adventure any time of year.
Our guest rooms are spacious, beautifully re-styled in December, 2019, the refurbished rooms and suites pay close attention to the unique placement of Whistler
- a secluded retreat, just an hour and a half away from the international destination of Vancouver.
In December 2020, we completed a property-wide enhancement with the launch of Braidwood Tavern, a craft kitchen and social house conceived in collaboration with celebrated chef and restauranteur Richard Sandoval, along with a re-imagined SIDECUT Steakhouse, both designed by Box Interior Design.
The Director of Marketing is a part of the Hotel's Executive Leadership team who collectively make key strategic and operational decisions for the Hotel. The Director of Marketing will create and implement marketing strategies and tactics that ensure that all marketing activities focus on maintaining the unique positioning of the property in an ever changing competitive environment and achieving maximum revenue for the property. The successful candidate will be a proven leader, strategic thinker, motivator and innovator who is highly collaborative and puts people first.
The Director of Marketing oversees all sales and marketing activities with the support of teams including sales, catering and conference services, reservations, revenue management, and public relations. The Director of Marketing and the Sales & Marketing Division ensures that all activities and bookings are focused to yield maximum revenue per room occupied. The successful candidate requires strong revenue and budget management skills, have a creative flair for marketing, have good communication and interpersonal skills and demonstrate effective leadership. A Director of Marketing needs to be strategic, proactive and have a proven track record in both sales and marketing.
This list is not all
- inclusive and should only be used as an overview of all actual responsibility.
People Leadership - Recruit, train, and guide division employees. Conduct performance evaluations for direct reports. Most importantly, this leader must possess the ability to build a positive working environment.
Maximize Hotel Revenue - Develop, coordinate and implement programs and activities to positively impact Rev Par performance. Manage the Hotel's Yield Program.
Marketing, Promotions, Advertising and Public Relations - Develop and implement annual marketing plan. Prepare, monitor and control the annual advertising and business promotion budget.
Sales - Solicit and service selected accounts. Provide ?one-up? sales assistance for all key accounts, to maintain an active account load and to act as the Hotel's sales leader.
Manage Sales Activity - Serve as Hotel's key contact with organizations such as convention & visitor's bureau, governmental business bodies and other key accounts. Review, set and monitor all sales goals.
Qualifications & Experience
o Luxury hotel Sales & Marketing senior leadership experience required.
o Proven track record in prospecting for new business and savvy at closing the deal.
o Requires strong revenue and budget management skills.
o Must be able to make quick decisions and work in a hectic and diverse work environment.
o Must be able to build, develop and maintain a cohesive team.
o Strong ability to prioritize, organize, and manage competing priorities.
o Possess well-developed leadership and problem solving skills.
o Excellent reading, writing, and oral proficiency in the English language.
o Knowledge of revenue and client management systems strong preferred
Please note that due to the large number of responses we receive, only candidates being considered for the above position will be contacted for an interview.
The ability to work in Canada is strongly preferred. Management candidates currently within Four Seasons may qualify for a work permit.
If you are interested in applying for this position, please click on the APPLY button, attach your resume and cover letter in Word and/or PDF format.
About Four Seasons Hotels & Resorts
Four Seasons is dedicated to perfecting the travel experience through continual innovation and the highest standards of hospitality. The deeply instilled Four Seasons culture is personified by its employees
- people who share a single focus and are inspired to offer great service. At Four Seasons, we believe in recognizing a familiar face, welcoming a new one and treating every one we meet the way we would want to be treated ourselves. Whether you work with us, stay with us, live with us, discover with us, we believe our purpose is to create impressions that will stay with you for a lifetime. It comes from our belief that life is richer when we truly connect to the people and the world around us.
What's in it for you
- Extended Health Coverage (dental, vision, life insurance, RMT, prescription drugs, etc) after probationary period;
- Employee theme recognition days and events- Employee of the month, Years of service celebrations, birthday events, etc;
- Complimentary meal per shift in our employee dining room,
- Retirement plan with employer contribution;
- Paid time off; vacation days and additional floating holidays per year;
- Excellent training and development program;
- Employee Travel Program, including complimentary stays at Four Seasons globally (by length of service and subject to availability).
Learn more about what it's like to work for Four Seasons:
Learn more about Four Seasons Whistler on Social Media:
We look forward to receiving your application!
- Our organization is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. We do not discriminate on the basis of gender, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, age, disability or any other basis protected under provincial or federal laws.