Job title :SPECIALIZED COMMUNITY SERVICES PROJECT MANAGER
Community :WILLIAMS LAKE
Facility :CARIBOO COMM HLTH SERV
Status :TERM SPECIFIC FULL TIME
Bring your project management skills and experience to beautiful Williams Lake. Are you a self-starter who enjoys handling multiple projects and developing stakeholder relationships? We are seeking a Project Manager with excellent interpersonal, analytical organization, and communications skills. This is a term position until March 2022 with potential for extension.
About the role :
The Specialized Community Services Program (SCSP) Project Manager, will oversee the planning, implementation, and maintenance of the SCSP in the assigned Local Health Areas (LHA) of the Interior Health Authority. The Project Manager will work closely with leaders from across the Health Authority and key stakeholders, both internal and external to the Health Authority including aboriginal, physician, and community partners, to facilitate ongoing collaboration and effective application of initiatives that support primary care. The Project Manager is an expert resource to staff and physicians on SCSPs. The Project Manager is responsible for the coordination and creation of evaluative tools and organizational systems, processes, and practices to improve outcomes within SCSP. The Project Manager develops reports, ensures the timely and effective implementation of decisions, works on specific projects as assigned, and analyzes and prepares information to achieve results in key priority areas.
TYPICAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: 1. Utilizes standard project management methodology and a collaborative approach to develop project charters, schedules, timelines, and specific processes for accomplishing the required work plan.
2. Cultivates and fosters relationships in order to develop comprehensive project plans with input from key stakeholders and provides leadership and support in the development of strategies to meet these needs.
3. Leads and coordinates the planning and implementation of teams to ensure the project progresses on schedule.
4. Collaboratively executes and monitors all milestones and deliverables.
5. Provides research support for best practice and change management initiatives to support improvements.
6. Serves as the central contact/resource person related to the project and identifies and resolves arising issues through negotiation and conflict resolution with stakeholders.
7. Develops and coordinates a process for managing the preparation and maintenance of all status reports, design of reporting templates, compilation and analysis of data and information; monitors project and/or system change progress; identifies barriers and missed milestones; and researches issues and best practice.
8. Leads a range of projects; develops guidelines, templates, and critical activity pathways; and makes recommendations for action.
9. Builds relationships with key stakeholders to plan future service delivery models, including input into business case development and standardized reporting and information sharing. 10. Supports the composition of decision briefs and reports at the site, local health area, and Health Authority levels to support optimum service delivery.
11. Liaises externally with and supports and/or identifies opportunities to partner with other health authorities, regional entities, community agencies, and private partners in system redesign of care and service improvements.
12. Plans for patient engagement strategies to ensure patient views are considered in service planning.
13. Creates communication plans and communicates and presents information clearly and concisely to key stakeholders, physicians, staff, and managers including formal presentations at meetings.
14. Provides regular status updates and attends various meetings as required.
15. Performs other duties as assigned.
- A level of education, training, and experience equivalent to a Master's degree.
- Five years of recent, related experience at a senior level, working within a complex public or private sector environment, and experience in Project Management.
Demonstrates all LEADS Capabilities, in particular:
- Leads Self/Cultural Agility
- self-awareness, demonstrates character; noticing and adapting to cultural uniqueness to create a sense of safety for all.
- Engages Others/Empathy
- fosters the development of others, communicates effectively, builds effective teams, listens with heart rather than reacting
- Achieves Results/Process Orientation
- takes action to implement decisions, assesses & evaluates results, follows culturally respectful processes that also produce results
- Develops Coalitions/Building a Trust-Based Relationship
- builds partnerships & networks to create results, demonstrates a commitment to customers & service, navigates socio-political environments, building personal relationships in addition to professional ones, participating in open exchanges of experiences and culture
- System Transformation/Credible Champion
- demonstrates systems/critical thinking, strategically oriented to the future, champions & orchestrates change, remains self-aware and maintains effective relationships, shows courage and conviction in advocating for change for the betterment of Aboriginal people.
Skills and Abilities
- Demonstrated ability to organize work, simultaneously handle multiple projects, balance multiple priorities, and manage challenging and competing demands within a limited timeframe.
- Creatively plan and promote new program and service delivery models.
- Demonstrated analytical, statistical, research, and indicator development skills.
- Ability to work with health information technology, applying advanced computer skills to access and analyse all data and information related to priority areas.
- Knowledge of the principles and processes related to quality improvement.
- Superior written and verbal communication abilities and independent problem-solving and decision-making capabilities.
- Knowledge of project and change management processes, project development, and implementation.
- Proven leadership skills working with diverse groups of people. Demonstrated ability to develop effective working relationships and collaborate with key participants across a range of stakeholders.
- Ability to use Microsoft Office Suite.
- A class 5 BC Driver's License.
- Physical ability to perform the duties of the position.