The Communications Specialist will develop informative and impactful internal communications, manage and produce engaging content for internal meetings for our Canadian team members, and manage the newly enhanced Company intranet pages for Canada (Encore Connect).
Reporting to the VP, Creative and Marketing
- Canada, this role will be a critical member of the Communications team within the Marketing department, and will be heavily involved in Encore Canada's internal communications approach. The Communications Specialist will also be involved in external communications and helping create thought leadership opportunities by positioning Encore Canada leadership as industry experts. The Communications team's fun, fast-paced team environment is one of strategy, creativity, innovation and collaboration.
- Manage and coordinate content and production of internal meetings:
o Bi-weekly People leader calls
o Bi-annual Town Halls
o Monthly Leadership calls
- Research, write and edit internal communications and distribute using a variety of mediums, such as email, intranet, company meetings, social media communities etc.
- Lead the internal communications strategy in partnership with the VP, Creative and Marketing
- Manage the ongoing content development and maintenance of the company's intranet site pages for Canada, Encore Connect.
- Assist marketing with copy for Press releases
- Assist executive leadership in writing and deploying internal communications
- Liaison with Diversity, Equity and Inclusion (DE&I) committee to ensure DE&I initiatives are communicated both internally and externally (in collaboration with marketing team)
- Act as Canadian Internal Communications liaison with global communications team
- Act as internal Communications liaison with Canadian French language committee
- Manage French Translations for all internal and external communications
- Manage our customer Survey responses process which includes liaising with Service Captains and continuous improvement committee
- Manage internal communication approvals
- Deploy all internal communications (managing active team member list with HR)
- Bachelor's Degree in Communications, Public Relations, Business, Marketing or English (Creative Writing)
- 2+ years' experience in Communications / Corporate Writing.
- Ability to manage multiple projects at one time, with competing priorities.
- Ability to work as part of a team, but also complete independent work.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite and Adobe Illustrator/Photoshop.
- Excellent writing, communication and relationship management skills.
- Self-starter with strong attention to detail with proven organizational, analytic and problem-solving skills.
- Balanced blend of strategic, practical, analytical and creative-thinking skills.
- Excellent presentation, written and oral communication skills.
- Proactively collaborates with cross-functional teams to create a results-driven, team-oriented environment.
- Prior experience in hospitality or meeting/event planning a plus.
Competencies (by Core Values)
- Communicates effectively
- Drives vision and purpose
- Cultivates innovation
- Manages complexity
- Drives quality results
Work is performed primarily in an office environment. Working times may include irregular hours and on-call status including days, evenings, weekends and holidays. Team members must adhere to appearance guidelines as defined by PSAV based in an office environment and when traveling, on an individual venue or a representation of venues in that city or area.