This full-time position reports to the CEO. The roles and responsibilities of the Manager, Fund Development & Communications include:
Develop, implement, and evaluate strategies that use specialized fund development techniques such as planned giving, major donor acquisition or engagement of corporate partners to achieve the organization's fundraising goals and strategically market the organization's brand. Specific accountabilities may include development of focused fund development strategies and tactics; development and delivery of programs designed to increase community awareness of alternative forms of giving; development and maintenance of relationships with major donors, or corporate partners; consultation with potential donors or groups to facilitate and/or structure gifts, recruit and develop high profile volunteer committees. Provides expert guidance and leadership to the organization and other staff.
Develop the strategic direction of the organization's branding, and marketing initiatives and lead the design, development and implementation of the marketing plan using a variety of communication channels. Identify changing marketing environments, evaluate outcomes and adjust strategy as required to ensure goals are achieved.
Ensure compliance with the AFP's Code of Ethical Principles and Standards, the Government of Alberta's Charitable Fundraising Act as well as Imagine Canada's Standard Program and CRA regulations;
?????Between Friends is an equal opportunity employer. Between Friends thoroughly screens all applicants initially and on an on-going basis.
Between Friends is a charitable organization dedicated to providing quality social, recreation and development opportunities so that people with disabilities can connect, grow and belong.
Benefits to Working for Between Friends
- Between Friends offers a fun and challenging work environment.
- Health and Dental Benefits are provided on a shared cost basis after successful completion of the probation period.
- Professional Development opportunities are available and encouraged.
- Strong promotion of work-life balance.
- Strong team environment.
- Relevant diploma or degree with 2
- 4 years experience in a related position
- 3 years supervisory or management experience
- Working knowledge of budget preparation, review and variances, and reforecast
- The ability to multitask and meet deadlines, and must possess excellent communication, organizational and creative thinking skills
- Software proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and G Suite is required. Experience with eTapestry/Blackbaud database products is an asset.
- Demonstrated initiative, high energy level, flexibility and pleasant persona coupled with sound judgment; flexible, discreet and able to maintain confidential information
- Must complete and be clear of a Criminal Record Check and Child Welfare Clearance Check
- Current First Aid & CPR Level C, certified
- Valid Driver's License and use of own vehicle is required
Skills and Personal Characteristics include:
- Supervisory and Management skills and experience;
- Strong written and verbal communication skills;
- Charismatic personality possessing the confidence and openness to quickly build rapport and trust with community members;
- Solid understanding of how to work with people from diverse backgrounds;
- Friendly, patient and inclusive;
- Team player, willing to assist in a variety of responsibilities to achieve the team's desired goals;
- Ability to work from home, while still creating an open and inclusive environment for staff
- Persistent and dedicated to helping meet the needs of stakeholders;
- Experience implementing adaptive programming.
Full time, Permanent Position
Start Date: As soon as possible
Salary Range: $65,000-$75,000 annually
Office Location: 205, 8989 Macleod Trail S
- office/home hybrid
Hours of work: Monday
- Friday, 8:30 am
- 4:30 pm
*this position will be required to work evenings/weekends to attend programs, special events and/or Agency Awareness events.
We appreciate all applications, but only those being considered will be contacted.
No phone calls please.
Application deadline: 2021-07-02
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $65,000.00-$75,000.00 per year