Job Posting TitleDirector, Communications
Job CategoryCOMM Management
LANGUAGE REQUIREMENTSBilingual / Bilingue
In the event a qualified bilingual candidate is not found, a qualified unilingual candidate will be considered. / Dans l'éventualité où un candidat bilingue qualifié n'est pas disponible, un candidat unilingue qualifié sera considéré.
Posting Start Date2021-06-24
Posting End Date2021-07-04
Pay Range Commensurate with Experience / Selon l'expérience
Job SummaryDirects external and employee communications, and oversees translation services for NAV CANADA, with a focus on building brand awareness, driving and supporting effective employee communications and engagement, improving overall information flow and retention within the company, and developing and executing strategies that support NAV CANADA's purpose and strategic direction.
The incumbent plays a key role in ensuring the overall effectiveness and impact of the Department as part of the senior leadership team. This includes acting on behalf of the Assistant-Vice President as required, leading and mentoring departmental staff, contributing to departmental and company communications/engagement strategies, budgeting and forecasting, human resource and succession planning and supporting positive relations with internal partners and clients, external suppliers, partners and stakeholders
- Provide leadership in overseeing communications activities that promote, enhance and protect the organization's brand and reputation and build external awareness of its programs and priorities.
- Provide leadership in the design and implementation of an integration digital communications system.
- Responsible for developing, integrating, and implementing a broad range of marketing and outreach tactics and tools including web and other on-line communications, print products including annual and other reports.
- Leading a strategic, continuous improvement approach to employee communications, adapting, adopting and developing best practices in engagement focussed communications, as well as CEO and leadership communications.
- Maintains a strong internal network of partners to ensure that organizational communication needs and priorities effectively support the Company's strategic priorities and address emergent issues.
- Responsible for priority setting, the effective deployment of resources, and oversight of the Company's annual editorial calendar.
- Accountable for a continuous improvement approach to the effective delivery of translation services for the company, including oversight of supplier contracts, overall effectiveness of the team, and operating the service against an established set of service standards.
Job Requirements :
- Experience leading and mentoring employees and teams
- Experience planning and managing financial and human resources, especially in the context of changing priorities
- Experience in leading large consultation programs
- Experience in managing projects
- Experience in designing and leading digital communication strategies
- Employee communications experience with strong strategy, planning and execution component and demonstrated track record
- University education in public relations, communications, journalism, political science or a related field is required, or a relevant combination of education and experience.
- A solid understanding of the dynamics of employee communications in a large organization is required.
- A solid understanding of strategic planning and internal and external consultation principles
- Current with traditional and social media practices
- Project management principles and practices
Abilities & Personal Suitability:
- Effective people, relationship, business and entrepreneurial leadership.
- Effective management and planning of large-scale corporate programs and initiatives.
- Demonstrate leadership versatility by motivating and inspiring people across different functions.
- Strong influence and collaboration skills are critical.
- Ability to communicate effectively and succinctly, both verbally and in writing.
- Demonstrated sound judgement and decision making.
- Responsibility for large annual business planning cycles and urgent reactive issues requiring quick decisions within corporate norms.
Language requirements :
- Language requirements are bilingual. However, in the event a qualified bilingual candidate is not found, a qualified unilingual candidate will be considered. Both bilingual and unilingual candidates are encouraged to apply.
The position requires occasional travel, as well as being available as needed on a 24/7 basis.
The successful candidate must meet the security requirement of the position and be legally able to work in Canada.
At NAV CANADA, safety is our priority. We require pre-employment drug screening for all candidates offered positions designated as safety sensitive in accordance with NAV CANADA's Drug and Alcohol policy.
NAV CANADA is committed to building a skilled, diverse workforce reflective of Canadian society. As a result, it promotes employment equity and encourages candidates to indicate voluntarily and clearly on the subject line of their application if they are a woman, an Aboriginal person, a person with a disability or a member of a visible minority group.
NAV CANADA is committed to developing inclusive, barrier-free selection processes and work environments. If contacted regarding this competition, please advise the interview coordinator of accommodation measures you may require.
We thank all applicants for their interest; only those selected for an interview will be contacted.