This is a provisional classification. Formal classification procedures will be initiated by the Job Design Unit in approximately six months. About Dalhousie University
Dalhousie University is Atlantic Canada's leading research-intensive university and a driver of the region's intellectual, social and economic development. Located in the heart of Halifax, Nova Scotia, with an Agricultural Campus in Truro/Bible Hill, Dalhousie is a truly national and international university, with more than half of our 19,000 students coming from outside of the province. Our 6,000 faculty and staff foster a vibrant, purpose-driven community, that celebrated 200 years of academic excellence in 2018. Job Summary
The Communications, Marketing and Creative Services (CMC) team is responsible for stewarding and enhancing the reputation and awareness of Dalhousie University through brand leadership, communications, marketing, public relations, community and stakeholder relations, creative services, media relations, issues management and crisis communications.
Reporting to the Associate Director, Digital Marketing Platforms, the Marketing Manager, Digital & Social Media is responsible for leading Dalhousie's social media marketing and communication efforts, developing and implementing strategies that support and integrate marketing and communication efforts across a number of central social media accounts. Key Responsibilities
- Generate, schedule, publish, and share daily university content that builds meaningful connections and encourages community members to take action, with a multi-platform omni-channel approach across various profiles.
- Create effective and strategic content across several mediums/platforms with an excitement for new mediums/platforms, optimizing content for maximum performance.
- Serve as the university's lead (working closely with relevant stakeholders) strategizing and creating content, leveraging social media as a student recruitment tool.
- Serve as Dalhousie's social media innovation lead, counseling CMC leadership and the university-at-large around emerging best practices, new platforms, and new functionality within existing platforms.
- Collaborate with university social media administrators to ensure for optimization of their social media profiles and content, providing thought leadership and governance to a decentralized group of professionals.
- Provide feedback to other CMC team leads on the impact of content using data-driven analysis and monitor effective benchmarks for measuring the growth of the online community and analyze, review and report on effectiveness of content and campaigns. Note
Frequent evening and weekend work required. Qualifications
Undergraduate degree preferably in public relations, marketing, journalism or other related areas, plus a minimum of five years' related experience (or equivalent combination of training and experience) is required. Experience using social media management tools and media tracking (i.e. Hootsuite, Sprout Social, Meltwater, Mish Guru, Wibbitz) will be considered an asset. Experience with international social media marketing platforms (i.e. WeChat, Weibo, etc.) considered an asset. Exceptional communications skills, including strong writing abilities, are essential. Demonstrated ability in developing and implementing strategic and measurable marketing plans, managing large projects including digital marketing campaigns. Experience with media buying considered a strong asset. Job Competencies
The successful candidate is expected to demonstrate proficiency in Dalhousie's core and leadership competencies (https://www.dal.ca/dept/leaders.html), in particular:
- Respect & Inclusion
- Thinking and Acting Strategically
- Relationship Building Additional Information
Dalhousie University supports a healthy and balanced lifestyle. Our total compensation package includes a defined benefit pension plan, health and dental plans, a health spending account, an employee and family assistance program and a tuition assistance program. Application Consideration
Applications from current university employees and external candidates are assessed concurrently. Current university employees will be given special consideration.
We sincerely appreciate all applications and note that only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted directly by the hiring department or Human Resources. Diversity Statement
Dalhousie University is committed to fostering a collegial culture grounded in diversity and inclusiveness. The university encourages applications from Indigenous persons, persons with a disability, racially visible persons, women, persons of a minority sexual orientation and/or gender identity, and all candidates who would contribute to the diversity of our community. For more information, please visit www.dal.ca/hiringfordiversity.