Who we are
In a life without sound, our work provides meaning. As a leading provider of innovative hearing care solutions, we are not just a company that makes products: we are a team on a mission to help people enjoy the delight of hearing. To enable a life without limitations, we
- through our core business brands Phonak, Unitron, Hansaton, Advanced Bionics and AudioNova
- develop, manufacture and distribute solutions that push the limits of technology and redefine the future of our industry.
Director of Marketing
At Sonova, our vision is straightforward. We foster a world in which there is a solution to every hearing loss and all people equally enjoy the delight of hearing. We are not just a company that makes products: we are a team on a mission to help people enjoy the delight of hearing. To enable a life without limitations, we
- through our core brands Phonak, Unitron, Hansaton, Advanced Bionics, Connect Hearing and AudioNova
- develop, design, manufacture and distribute solutions that push the limits of technology and redefine the future of our industry. Collectively, we aim to be the most respected hearing care company in the world.
In this role, you will have an opportunity to work with one of our innovative brands including Phonak headquartered right here in Mississauga, with individuals who share deep commitment to help improve the lives of people with hearing loss. Phonak has shaped the hearing aid industry for more than 70 years with its innovative, state-of-the-art hearing systems and wireless devices. Join our mission and become part of our amazing team!
Director of Marketing
This person is responsible for managing the Sonova Canada marketing team which supports both the Unitron and Phonak brands within the Canadian Market. This role is also part of the senior management team and will be responsible for specific projects and tasks outside of the marketing area. This individual will also work very closely with other department heads and headquarters to align key strategies and initiatives.
- Managing all aspects of the marketing department and its activities for Sonova Canada.
- Work closely with Sonova Center of Excellence to support Sonova Canada's marketing needs.
- Developing the marketing strategy for both the Phonak and Unitron brands in line with company objectives
- Overall responsibility for brand management and corporate identity
- Overseeing the company's marketing budget.
- Oversee the coordination of marketing, lead generation and promotional campaigns.Overseeing the creation and publication of all marketing material in line with marketing plans.
- Monitor and report on effectiveness of marketing activities, communications and campaigns.
- Working closely with internal and external customers and stakeholders to ensure the success of Sonova Canada in achieving its goals.
- Maintain effective internal communications to ensure that all relevant company functions are kept informed of marketing objectives.
- Identifies, scopes and manages strategic projects for key internal and external clients end-to-end; maintains responsibility for deliverables and timelines, shifting priorities as needed; manages stakeholder relationships and expectations
- Builds trust and productive relationships with team members and stakeholders across the organization
- Influences and gains acceptance of others to one's ideas through effective communication, relevant and insightful analyses, and creative thinking
- Maintains thorough knowledge of company's products, competition, and broader market dynamics that frame the business context both present and in subsequent years
- Assists in the definition of long-term organizational strategic goals, identifies business opportunities and maintains extensive knowledge of current market conditions
- Manage, develop and coach marketing team members
- Oversee the effective development and maintenance of tools such as our CRM solution, Brand Tracker and Segmentation tools.
- Lead as needed our development of new business channels
The experience you will bring:
- Bachelor's Degree in Business, Sales or Marketing (MBA is desirable)
- At least 5 years of progressive managerial experience in a complex marketing environment.
- Proactive and a hands-on hard worker, performance-oriented and determined, with analytical and conceptual skills to drive fact-based decision making.
- A strong set of personal business values that coincide with the values of the company; must have absolute integrity, high level of ethics and trustworthiness.
- Flexibility in changing and growth oriented environments.
- Resilient in the face of change and challenge
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills, able to express him/herself at a professional as well as at a general business level, internally and externally.
- Executive stature and business presence with a sound experience in leadership
- Motivates, coaches and develops team members
- Cooperatively involves the employees in the decision-making process.
- Demonstrates a consistent track record for delivering results, often in the face of challenges or obstacles
- English- written and oral
- Word, Excel and PowerPoint. Experience with CRM (SalesForce)
- Ability to understand technology
- Willingness to travel overnight frequently