Chris and David started Penny AI in 2018 in Squamish, BC (a bit north of Vancouver) after seeing an opportunity to solve a massive problem for millions of direct sales consultants around the world. We have now grown to a team of 40+ located across Canada and the United States. Penny has tens of thousands of users across four continents who trust Penny to help run their businesses.
Penny is on an upward trajectory with backing from top-tier Venture Capitalists in New York, San Francisco, Toronto and Vancouver. As we grow our team, we don't expect everyone to know every answer. You may build something that fails spectacularly, and that's ok. What is important is that you remain humble, you laugh a little, you learn, and together we find a way to succeed.
Diversity, inclusion and belonging is one of our core values and as we expand we're committed to finding talented people from a wide range of backgrounds, experiences and perspectives.
Learn about our hiring process here.
We are looking for a Graphic Designer to create engaging and on-brand graphics, layouts and designs for a variety of media. Working with a Senior Designer, you'll work on the visual aspects of websites, reports and e-books, digital campaigns, videos, tradeshow elements and more. You will work with every member of the marketing team supporting their initiatives with visual execution, translating the requirements into impactful designs that support and elevate Penny brand. You will participate and support video production initiatives and projects across different elements such as assembling recorded footage, editing, making sure every video element is on brand and tells the story the best way possible.
Conceptualize visuals based on requirements
- Develop design concepts for new campaigns and projects
- Ensure compatibility of design and functionality for optimum impact and communication value
- Constantly explores design trends, innovations and new media techniques
- Ensure all deliverables and deadlines are met within timeline
- Participate in creative brainstorms.
- Collaborate with marketing, UX and training teams and to establish initiatives
- Prepare rough drafts and present ideas
- Develop illustrations other designs using software or by hand
- Test graphics across various media
- Amend designs after feedback
- Ensure final graphics and layouts are on-brand
- Review shooting script and raw material to create a shot decision list based on scenes' value and contribution to continuity
- Trim footage segments and put together the sequence of the film
- Input music, dialogues, graphics and effects
- Create rough and final cuts
- Ensure logical sequencing and smooth running
- Consult with stakeholders from production to post-production process
- Love working in a fast-paced, high volume environment.
- Proven graphic designing experience 3+ years
- A strong portfolio of illustrations or other graphics
- Familiarity with design software and technologies (such as InDesign, Illustrator, Dreamweaver, Photoshop)
- A keen eye for aesthetics and details
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to work methodically and meet deadlines
- Proven work experience as a Video Editor
- Solid experience with digital technology and editing software packages (e.g. Avid Media Composer, Lightworks, Premiere, After Effects and Final Cut)
- Demonstrable video editing ability with a strong portfolio
- Creative mind and storytelling skills
Start-up culture with an opportunity to make an impact in your role and our team immediately
Excellent on-the-job learning opportunities to grow your skills
Competitive pay, benefits and a slice of the pie (aka
- stock options)
4 weeks vacation plus statutory holidays
Support from a diverse and highly talented team to help you reach your goals
Flexibility to work from home and the office
Join a friendly, progressive team who like to organize fun activities and celebrate all-round awesomeness!
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $55,000.00-$70,000.00 per year