Are you passionate about marketing? Do you love travelling, meeting new people, and exploring new places? Would you like to help develop inspiring, creative campaigns for a global audience? Do you like working with fun, dynamic, and talented people? If this sounds appealing and you are someone who learns best by "doing" and asking questions along the way, we want to hear from you!
We are currently hiring for a Marketing Advisor to join our team at the Sandman Hotel Group and Sutton Place Hotels. Reporting to the Director of Marketing & Brand, you will work within the marketing team to coordinate, plan, execute and collaborate on all hotel-level marketing and digital activities.
With over 60 hotels across Canada, the US, Scotland, England and Ireland, there has never been a more exciting time to join our team.
WHO ARE YOU?
To be successful in this role you:
- Have a passion for marketing and creativity
- Are genuinely interested in hospitality and making guests happy
- Have a go-getter attitude with a commitment to getting things done right
- Are excited to tackle new challenges while learning from a great team
- Are smart, have no ego and are goal-orientated
- Are laser focused on details and have a love for keeping things organized
- Appreciate brand guidelines balanced with a desire to bring innovative ideas to life
- Demonstrate excellent verbal and written communication skills
WHAT WILL YOU DO?
- Work with the Director of Marketing and the marketing team todevelop, implement and measuremarketing campaigns to increase awareness, drive occupancy and build brand love for the Sandman Hotel Group and Sutton Place Hotels
- Manage annual marketing plan focused on driving business into low & shoulder seasons while enhancing the guest experience during peak seasons
- Support with organizing photo/videoshoots for earned, owned and paid channels
- Execute brand marketing tactics, partnerships, programming and activations at a national / chainwide level
- Plan and communicate local marketing plans and activities with hotel General Managers and Sales Teams
- Work with our onsite food & beverage partners (Moxie's, Chop Steakhouse, Denny's and Shark Club) to develop cross-brand promotions
- Attend key operational meetings to ensure alignment with all hotelstakeholders
- Support PR, social media and digital media tactics
- Around 5 years' experience and/or education in Marketing
- Experience working in hospitality would be great, but it's not required
- Proven experience in managing multi-channel marketing campaigns
- Strong project management skills and a track record of prioritizing and managing multiple tasks at once
- Ability to collaborate and work effectively in a team, in a fast-faced (but fun!) environment
- Advanced computer skills, including MS Office, Adobe Creative Suite and social media platforms
- Eagle eyes when it comes to proof-reading marketing materials
- Eagle eyes when it comes to proof-reading marketing materials (see what we did there?)
- Familiarity with email marketing tools such as Campaign Monitor / Mailchimp
- Experience with customer loyalty marketing programs
- Parlez-vous Franais? C'est super!
WHY WORK WITH US?
- We are Canada's fastest growing hospitality company, with over 1600 employees and are expanding quickly
- We offer a competitive salary package with great medical and extended health benefits
- Flexible work arrangements, generous vacation and personal day allowance
- We match RRSP contributions through our program after 1 year with us
- In 2020 we received a Hospitality Hero award by Hotelier magazine, for an internal initiative we developed to support our staff during COVID-19
- We are proud to be part of Northland Properties, recognized throughout Canada as one of the most trusted names in hotels, restaurants, sports teams, and construction
- For you, this means unrivalled growth opportunities across the Northland family of companies, with access to team perks and benefits for brands including Moxie's, Chop Steakhouse, Denny's, Shark Club, Grouse Mountain and Revelstoke Mountain Resort (to name a few!)
Submission of resume does not guarantee an interview or an actual transfer. Qualified applicants are encouraged to apply, provided they meet the minimal requirements of the applicable skills required.
You must be legally entitled to work in Canada to apply as the employer does not have a Labour Market Impact Assessment (LMIA) that would support a foreign worker.
**Applications will not be accepted via email or in person.
**We thank all applicants for their interest in Career opportunities with Northland Properties, however, only those applicants we wish to interview will receive a reply to their application.**
**ABSOLUTELY NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE**