Regular, full-time OR 12 months contract
At AstraZeneca we're dedicated to being a Great Place to Work. Where you are empowered to push the boundaries of science and ignite your entrepreneurial spirit. There's no better place to make a difference to medicine, patients and society. An inclusive culture that champions diversity and collaboration. Always committed to lifelong learning, growth and development.
We are shifting the focus from medicines to outcomes
- we go beyond treatment to shape the cancer care environment and transform the patient experience. From delivering earlier stage interventions to survivorship, we transform the lives of patients living with cancer.
Be a part of improving lives. This is the time to join the team who is confident that cures for cancer are within our grasp. We are turning the tide on a disease that has remained defiantly resistant to medical advances. Play a central role in the business and it's only going to get bigger as our evolution continues.
Our diversified portfolio brings exposure to a variety of different areas. It is matched by our global footprint, with opportunities to work with and in different markets or at a global scale.
Reporting to the Franchise Head, the Senior Marketing Manager (SMM), Future Portfolio is responsible for leading the commercial strategic and tactical management for Oncology products in pre-launch development. While primarily focused in Breast, DNA Damage Repair molecules and Hematology the work and focus may shift depending on the success of our research pipeline and the workload of the Future Portfolio roles within Oncology.
Working collaboratively with a cross-functional team, the SMM is responsible for the development of comprehensive product plans aimed at maximizing the value of products in development and optimizing launch. The SMM also ensures the product, brand, and customer needs are fully integrated to enhance competitive advantage for AstraZeneca Canada through:
- Fostering cross-functional relationships and leading teams to integrate work with Medical, Regulatory and Market Access & Pricing colleagues and associated customers/stakeholders
- Providing input to the AstraZeneca Global Marketing organization to ensure long-term product/portfolio success and that the specific needs of the Canadian market are included in global development plans
- Creating and maintaining a network of customer/Key External Expert stakeholders and AstraZeneca US/EU/Global colleagues to contribute market insights and ongoing pre-launch planning input
- Developing, designing and executing pre-launch and launch commercialization plans in collaboration with Medical, Sales, and inline-Marketing colleagues
- Objectively assessing New Molecular Entities and Lifecycle Management opportunities, developing short- and long-term forecasts and managing inventory levels for assigned areas. Delivering these assessments to the Executive and Oncology Leadership teams.
- Understanding and providing insight into portfolio planning, capability building, and product resourcing across the future Oncology pipeline
- University degree or equivalent in science and/or business
- Well-developed scope and depth of marketing, minimum of 3 years product management experience
- Relevant and recent experience commercializing oncology or speciality products.
- Experience with facilitating access and an understanding of patient service/support programs is a key asset
- Experience in building partnerships with multiple external stakeholder is a key asset
- Strong strategic thinking and portfolio planning experience
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- Major launch brand experience preferred
- Successful history of cross-functional team leadership with well-developed understanding of regulatory and payer environments
- Works collaboratively both internally and externally to accomplish cross-boundary work including creating shared purpose and aligning goals and priorities. Can effectively coach, mentor, and guide teams and individuals who do not report directly to them
- Able to travel (5-15%) within Canada and globally (when travel restrictions are lifted)
Our purpose is ambitious and so is our approach. Becoming a more agile and innovative company means building a dynamic, inspiring culture where we celebrate forward thinking and act quickly. We are daring, taking smart risks and learning from both success and failure. We are curious, creative, and open to new ideas and new ways to work. Above all, we are passionate about science and driven to always put patients first. Are you ready to move forward in your career? Join us and be part of an extraordinary place to work; an environment that energizes and empowers each of us to achieve our goal.
Great People want to Work with us! Find out why:
GTAA Top Employer Award for 7 years:https://reviews.canadastop100.com/top-employer-astrazeneca-canada
Best Workplace Culture Award at the 2018 Canadian HR Awards:https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/thriving-best-workplace-culture-gena-restivo/
Browse AstraZeneca's YouTube channel to find out more about us:https://www.youtube.com/user/astrazeneca
Are you interested in working at AZ, apply today!
AstraZeneca is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity and inclusion and providing a workplace that is free from discrimination. AstraZeneca is committed to accommodating persons with disabilities. Such accommodation is available on request in respect of all aspects of the recruitment, assessment and selection process and may be requested by emailing via Isarta.