Title: Administrative Coordinator, Advancement & Communications
Position Status: Full Time, Salaried
Salary Range: $43000-$47000 Annually
Start Date: As soon as possible
Location: John W. Lindsay YMCA, 5640 Sackville Street, Halifax, Nova Scotia
The Communications & Advancement Office at the YMCA of Greater Halifax Dartmouth has responsibility of planning, implanting and evaluating the Y's communications, sponsorships and philanthropy program as we strive towards our mission of building a healthy community through the power of belonging. We are currently seeking and Administrative Coordinator, Advancement & Communications.
Since 1953 the YMCA of Greater Halifax/Dartmouth has been connecting Nova Scotians to build healthy communities. As a non-profit charity we provide vital services, including Health, Employment, Childcare/Camps, Immigrant Services, and youth Development.
The Office of Advancement and Communications of the YMCA of Greater Halifax/Dartmouth is responsible for the YMCA's Communications and Philanthropy program. The Administrative Coordinator, Advancement & Communications is a key position for ensuring the Communications and Advancement Office functions in an effective and professional manner. Reporting to the Chief Development Officer, the Advancement Coordinator provides support to all aspects of fund development including database management, gift processing, donation receipts, preparation of correspondence and promotional materials, scheduling, coordination of meetings, events and fundraising activities are a few of the many responsibilities for the incumbent. The Administrator must act with clear understanding of confidentiality, professionalism, and discretion
Specifically you will:
- Office Administration: Records management (electronic and manual), meeting coordination (in-persona and virtual), scheduling, preparation and distribution of correspondence, preparation of an annual calendar of events and meetings
- Donor Relations: Verbal and written communications with donors, preparation of stewardship reports, funding proposals, prospect research
- Donor Process Management: Managing the donor database and associated software, receiving and recording of donor gifts, report preparation, reconciliation of donor gifts and commitments with the YMCA's Finance Department
- Secretary to the YMCA Board's Philanthropy Working Group: Scheduling, preparation of meeting agendas, meeting minutes, reports, archiving of key historic documents
- Project Assistance: Internal and external project administration
- Inter-departmental Liaison: Communication and report preparation related to funding expenditures with other departments at the YMCA
In joining the YMCA you will become part of a dedicated network of individuals with great passion for providing a holistic support to the communities in which we serve. We also offer work life balance programs including a YMCA Individual Membership with Family Membership options available.
- Minimum 1-3 years of experience in Office Administration, Public Relations, Communications
- Diploma or Degree n Office Administration, Business Finance, Communications, Project Management or a combination of education and work experience
- Successful completion and maintenance of Criminal Background Check, Vulnerable Sector Check, and Child Abuse Registry Check
- Experience working in non-profit/charitable sector providing public relations, communication and financial administration support is an asset
- Excellent interpersonal skills with strong verbal, communication, and presentation skills; Bilingual an asset
- Strong working knowledge of computer applications including Microsoft and a CRM (donor records administration experience is an asset)
- Demonstrated ability to meet multiple, competing deadlines/tasks
- Strong attention to detail and data/trend analysis
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated ability to handle sensitive information/situations with tact and diplomacy
- Comfort level and demonstrated ability to appropriate manage confidential information
We will be accepting applications for this position until June 29, 2021 We look forward to hearing your story!
The YMCA of Greater Halifax/Dartmouth is an equal opportunity employer that values the diversity of people and communities and is committed to excellence and inclusion in our Association. We are committed to an environment that is barrier free. If you require accommodation during the hiring process, please inform us in advance to arrange reasonable and appropriate accommodation. Applicants are encouraged to self-identify.