About Kambo Energy Group
Kambo Energy Group is an equity-based social enterprise that designs and delivers solutions to reduce energy poverty and improve housing to communities often missed. We work with Indigenous Nations, lower income households, immigrants, and new Canadians. Empower Me and Community Power operate as divisions of Kambo Energy Group. Across all of its divisions and programs, we put people at the centre, equipping and empowering them to make smart, safe, affordable energy choices. Come help us realize our vision of providing clean and accessible energy choices for everyone!
About the role
Reporting to the CEO, this role will develop and execute our marketing and communications strategy to ensure organizational objectives are met. You will work on a range of projects from developing content for our Empower Me website, to supporting government relations and advocacy, to leading the creation of an online education portal. You're a self-proclaimed growth hacker who is digitally resourceful, able to manage ambiguity, and takes initiative to get sh*t done. To thrive in this role, you will be organized, driven, and excel in a fast paced and fun environment.
What you'll do
- Create and execute our internal and external marketing and communications initiatives to help achieve and support the company vision.
- Lead the strategy, planning, execution, measurement, and optimization of all social media campaigns.
- Responsible for brand management and corporate identity for several brands.
- Have the creative vision and develop content for an energy efficiency and climate education portal including live workshops, videos, how to guides, and a library of resources that are designed to track, encourage, and empower immigrants and newcomers across Alberta and BC to reduce their GHG emissions.
- Act as trusted advisor to the business development team on public and government relations matters and provide expertise on strategic projects, issues management and prepare all aspects of communications, including drafting materials such as speaking remarks, and presentations for public appearances and conferences.
- With a strong background in community, advocacy, and government relations you will extract key messaging to effectively communicate our narrative to Indigenous Nations, Governments, and clients.
- Write proposals and prepare RFP documents for the business development team.
- Identify media outlets, liaise to solidify earned media, develop script responses, and train spokespeople.
- Lead the design and content creation for a range of marketing collateral using Adobe Creative Cloud (Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, and InDesign) including reports, white papers, presentations, banners, posters, infographics, brochures, logos, letterheads, proposals, email templates, postcards, etc.
- Create original content (how to videos, photos, posts, case studies, staff stories, client success stories etc.) for the company's websites and social media accounts.
- Create a range of videos to showcase our services, corporate culture, project updates, staff, and client events including training staff on how to make videos.
- Maintain effective internal communications to ensure that employees are engaged and inspired by our shared success.
- Support other departments with respect to internal communications and marketing related tasks.
What you bring
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent in Marketing, Communications or Business Administration.
- 5+ years of experience in a generalist marketing and communications role including experience in community and government relations, advocacy, branding, and digital marketing.
- Strong storytelling and presentation skills and excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent project management skills, exceptional attention to detail, and the ability to handle multiple projects and prioritize effectively.
- The ability to help develop and guide the creative process of new product development an asset.
- Strong relationship builder and naturally collaborative.
- Growth mindset with a willingness to challenge the status quo.
- Experience with Adobe Creative Cloud, Keynote, and Adobe Premiere Pro, Wix, Unbounce, WordPress, Canva, and Zapier.
- Adobe Creative Cloud certifications, Hootsuite Certification, Google AdWords Certification, and experience with Facebook ad campaigns is preferred.
- Knowledge of utilities, energy, and Indigenous history and culture an asset.
- Professional demeanour and a culture ambassador for Kambo Energy Group.
Why we love working here!
- We offer comprehensive health and dental coverage where we pay 100% of the premiums.
- We think mental health is important, especially during a global pandemic, so we have an Employee and Family Assistance Program and paid time off when you need it.
- Generous vacation, personal days, paid sick time and office closures in December so you can relax, refresh, and recharge.
- Our work always gets done but not always during the generic hours of 9-5. Want to pick up your kids from school, take your dog to the vet or go for a run during the day? Not a problem
- we support a flexible working schedule.
- We encourage and support employees to grow and develop their potential. Many staff on our team have been promoted to progressively more senior roles within the company and even across divisions. This is the place to do the best work of your life.
- Love to learn? So do we! Our employees are encouraged to achieve designations, take training and keep their skills sharp to stay on the leading edge of what we do.
- Our staff encompass diversity, and we operate in an inclusive way. We hire from all genders and backgrounds, and offer an environment where doors are open, and opinions are valued and heard.
- We're serious when we put our heads down and get to work, but we also don't shy away from celebrating those hard-earned wins. We host monthly team social events (virtually for now) and enjoy hanging out with our co-workers!
If you're interested in working with a team of passionate people who are building something amazing and having fun while we do it, we'd love to hear from you. Please apply on our website: https://kambogroup.bamboohr.com/hiring/jobs/67