Born in the North
Canada Goose was born in the Arctic, where the difference between life and death, quite literally, hangs by a thread. It's the only place where we can fully understand the what the meaning of ?cold? really is, and it's why we do what we do.
- We inspire and enable all people to engage with the outside world.
At Canada Goose, nature is our North Star. We aren't simply linked to nature
- we're guided and inspired by it. Our connection to the environment compels us to design functionally superior products so people can immerse themselves in the outside world.
Our Core Belief
- Greatness Is Out There
Canada Goose is more than a company that makes best-in-class outerwear. We're a community that's propelled forward by one core belief: greatness. Greatness has driven us to where we are today, and it's always been at the heart of Canada Goose. It's a journey, not a destination. Whether that means honouring traditional methods of craftsmanship, supporting explorers around the globe, or enabling people to discover more about the world, we're moving towards something bigger than ourselves. Greatness is about making possibilities limitless, and creating your own definition of what it means to you here at Canada Goose.
The Photo editor is a highly collaborative, anatural problem solver and has an in-depth understanding of how creative comes to life through best-in-class execution. The Photo Editor will collaborate closely with the Producer, Designers and Art Director to complete creative deliverables and provide final image assets for all initiatives around the globe.
- Support creative team in developing and adhering to style guides
- Work closely with Producer to maintain best practices in file management, asset management, server
- Organization, font sharing and version control.
- Senior-level ability to produce production-ready final deliverables
- Senior-level retouching skills (compositing, color correction, etc.)
- Deep understanding of file formats and asset preparation across disciplines (print, online, etc.)
- Sharing assets with global Canada Goose team and partners.
- Support internal pre-press operation by expertly performing retouching, proofing and final art
- Partner with Producer to prioritize projects to maintain deadlines and quality control
- Collaborate closely with team to ensure design cohesion, consistency, and accuracy across a campaign and/or a collection of deliverables.
- Comply with quality standards and asset management protocol for the team as set forth by the department.
- Perform precise color correction, image retouching and image composition for numerous local and global campaigns
- Facilitate digital imagery, color corrections along with proven artistic retouching from conception to completion
- Retouching photos such as: skin wrinkle removal, color correction, lighting, and subject removal from background
- Performed retouching and color corrections of on-figure & off-figure assets
- Performed multiple image composition, color correction, spot color applications, image manipulation
- Build accurate prepress ready packaging artwork in an efficient and timely manner
- Follow client brand style guides and maintain consistent files
Experience, Education and Designations:
- University degree or college diploma print and digital production considered an asset
- 6-8 years of experience in advertising or related field with both traditional and digital marketing
- Portfolio of work demonstrating the ability to communicate compelling stories
Knowledge, Skills and Attributes:
- Fluency in Adobe Creative Cloud Suite (Photoshop, LightRoom, Illustrator, InDesign, etc.) within a Mac environment
- Proven technical acumen and curiosity; senior-level production and photo retouching skills.
- Strong layout skills
- Excellent detail orientation with regards to file preparation and file management
- A high-level of attention to detail with excellent organizational skills and a proven ability to multi-task
- Grace under pressure. Comfortable in and ability to flourish in a fast-paced environment
- Able to take on multiple and changing priorities in a fast-paced environment
- Able to develop strong relationships with internal and external contacts.
- Office based with some travel for research and shoots and, press approvals
- Flexible working hours based on workflow and deadlines