Job Description :
SENIOR SOCIAL MEDIA SPECIALIST
About Designer Brands Inc.
Designer Brands Inc. is one of North America's largest designers, producers and retailers of footwear and accessories. The company operates a portfolio of retail concepts in nearly 1,000 locations under the DSW Designer Shoe Warehouse, The Shoe Company, and Shoe Warehouse brands and operates leased locations in the U.S through its Affiliated Business Group. Designer Brands designs and produces footwear and accessories through Camuto Group, a leading manufacturer selling in more than 5,400 doors worldwide. The Camuto Group owns licensing rights for the Jessica Simpson® footwear business, and footwear and handbag licenses for Lucky Brand® and Max Studio®. In partnership with a joint venture with Authentic Brands Group, Designer Brands also owns a stake in Vince Camuto®, Louise et Cie®, Sole Society®, CC Corso Como®, Enzo Angiolini® and others. More information can be found at www.designerbrands.com
The Senior Social Media Specialist is part of the Brand Marketing team working closely with the Marketing Manager, graphic designers, and paid performance marketing team to manage the Social Media strategy for The Shoe Company and DSW Designer Shoe Warehouse brands. This role will be critical in optimizing the brands' existing social media platforms (IG/FB) while launching both brands on new social media platforms (e.g. Tiktok, Youtube, Pinterest) to meet customers where they are and support aggressive customer acquisition and engagement goals.
This role will lead the social media strategy and execution for all platforms in the context of the broader and customer objectives, interim support for paid social media will be required. This includes the development and execution of content strategies working with external partners (e.g. influencers and content generators) and internal team members (e.g. graphic designers) while participating in the brands seasonal photoshoots. As part of the content strategy, the senior social media specialist is also the social voice of the brands developing all social media copy elements.
While the role is focused on organic social support, temporary support for paid social will be required.
This role reports to the Senior Director of Marketing.
- Partner with the brand team to align on monthly social media calendar aligned with the overall brand and seasonal strategies. Calendars include current events, life moments, holidays and key promotional events etc.
- Identify and launch the brands on new platforms with Youtube, Tiktok and Pinterest as priority
- Use your in-depth knowledge and understanding of Social Media platforms (Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Instagram, Pinterest etc.) on how to engage with users to deliver best-in-class experiences
- Execute and monitor all social media activities (i.e. tweeting, posting, sharing, engaging, increasing reach, online reviews) working closely with customer service to divide and conquer on key customer inquiries.
- Analyze, review and report on effectiveness of organic social platform performance to maximize results and make recommendations for future campaigns.
- Work within Curalate platform for the day-to-day operations of social media.
- Develop social media content briefing designers on content requirements while developing all copy for social media platforms.
- Identify and develop influencer and content generator partnerships for both brands
- Proactively introduce new ideas and initiatives while staying current on emerging trends
- Passion for social media, digital, and the fashion industry
- Strong expertise of the various social networks including foundational knowledge of paid social
- Ability to work in a dynamic, fast paced, and evolving business and team environment, utilizing interpersonal skills to manage the relationships across multiple brands
- Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills
- Strong project management, analytical and organizational skills
- Strong business acumen and the ability to set KPI's and analyze raw data into meaningful and actionable insights
- Ability to think and operate both strategically and tactically
- A university degree in business or equivalent
- Demonstrated digital and interactive leadership experience
- Retail experience is an asset
- 3-5 years of experience in social media including Tiktok, Youtube, Twitter, and Pinterest.
- Social media certification: Google YouTube, Hub Spot or Facebook Blueprint
- Cross-functional team environment experience
- Project management experience an asset
- Proficient in the use of Excel, Outlook and other MS Office applications;
If you love shoes as much as we do...APPLY NOW!
We would like to thank all Applicants for their interest in Designer Brands. Only Applicants selected for an interview will be contacted. Designer Brands is an equal opportunity employer. If selected for an interview, please advise our Human Resources team if you require accommodation during the interview and assessment process. We will work with Applicants to accommodate all accessibility needs.