We are currently recruiting for an Communications Specialist to join our Marketing team in Toronto, ON. This position will be temporarily remote due to the current COVID-19 pandemic situation.
The marketing & communications team is responsible for telling the Crawford message and value proposition across all media and to numerous constituents including clients, investors and employees. We must continually build brand equity and reinforce message consistency for Crawford and its sub-brands. This is equally important for internal and external constituents so that we have consistency in messaging across all platforms.
Reporting to the clief client officer, the communications specialist is responsible for executing internal and external initiatives in support of Crawford's company strategy and strategic priorities. The communications specialist facilitates and executes communications programs, that effectively describe and promote the organization and its solutions to keep internal and external stakeholders engaged and informed.
The communications specialist provides communication guidance, writing and project coordination for initiatives in multiple areas, including but not limited to: social media, public relations, media relations, employee communication, collateral, newsletters, presentations, advertisements, executive and client communications, videos and special events.
Primary duties include:
- Day-to-day management of Crawford social media platforms and content. Assisting with social media strategy, support/guidance for GSL social platforms, social listening and reputation management
- Drafting and editing press releases, issuing releases on the newswire system, publishing releases to the company's global websites, promoting releases and company news with media and on social media
- Planning and implementing communications and promotional campaigns for key business leaders and shared services functions, including award entries, employee spotlights, interview prep, speakerships and blogs
- Other communications related duties as required including quarterly activities report, monthly press reports, contributing to One Crawford platform, maintaining governance and training documents related to social media, press releases and media relations, assisting with proofreading across all marketing tactics.
- Exhibit strong written and verbal communication skills along with excellent presentation and facilitation skills. Has strong interpersonal skills and demonstrated ability to develop stakeholder relationships
- Proven ability to work on multiple projects & prioritize effectively
- Experience writing in AP style and upholding corporate brand and writing standards guidelines
- Social media experience
- Knowledge of project management platforms
- Demonstrated strategic thinking, initiative, and creativity and proven track record for innovation
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate and gain buy in from stakeholders to deliver results
- Excellent organization, communication, program, and process management skills. Hands-on leadership and detail/process orientation. Ability to problem solve, identify root causes of obstacles and address fundamental
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to analyze significant amounts of information with attention to detail and accuracy in order to make smart decisions and recommendations
- Exceptional collaborator and influencer
- drives change through ideas, relationships and actions, systemic and operational issues to accelerate results. Continuous improvement orientation
- Ability to work effectively across divisions, geographies and all levels of leadership
- Good understanding of different types of copy and appropriate use of each
- Bachelor's or master's degree, preferably in journalism, communications or English, or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- 3 to 5 years of hands-on experience with at least 3 years of working in a corporate environment Additional Information:
We thank all applicants for their interest however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Crawford is an Employment Equity employer. Crawford is strongly committed to diversity within its community. We welcome applications from visible minority group members, women, Aboriginal people, persons with disabilities, members of sexual minority groups and others who may contribute to the further diversification of ideas. We encourage freedom of association, fair compensation and labour practices and avoid child labour.
Crawford is committed to identify and remove any discriminatory policies and practices found in the recruitment, selection and hiring, promotion, training, retention and termination of employees in all levels and categories of employment.
In accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code, Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act and Crawford's own policies, a request for accommodation will be considered throughout the hiring process.
Applicants are required to provide their accommodation needs in advance and submit adequate documentation to support their request for accommodation in the assessment process and/or to perform the essential duties of the posted position. If you have an accommodation need, please email via Isarta as soon as possible to make appropriate arrangements.