Beam Suntory is Crafting the Spirits that Stir the World. Rooted in two centuries of family heritage, Beam Suntory has evolved into the world's third largest leading premium spirits company ... where each employee is treated like family and trusted with legacy. With our greatest assets
Field Marketing Manager Ontario
The following position is open in Toronto, Ontario, Canada.
What makes this a great opportunity?
The Field Marketing Manager's mission will be to act as the primary liaison between sales and marketing brand teams in the creation of provincial customized regional brand plans, key account programs and strong activation strategy (on and off premise), that are in alignment with the marketing plan. Will also provide insight and feedback in the development and execution of brand strategies, participate in planning meetings, and deliver trade marketing best practices while achieving Beam Canada's profit objectives.
- Ensure that national and/or regional consumer marketing programs are communicated to the sales team and ensure effectiveness of these programs
- Develop and manage the marketing and trade promotion calendar by brand, ensuring retail programs are incorporated and Regional Sales Manager (RSM) approval is obtained
- Provide feedback and recommendations to marketing from the region on competitive activity and the effectiveness of the marketing campaigns, PR activations, consumer promotion, new product launches and new packaging initiatives
- Manage tradeshow activity in the region including the selection of shows, coordination of resources, planning, execution and evaluation of shows
- Manage the submission of all retail programming applications, new listings and new product applications to Liquor Boards
- Manage the creation of SAP campaign numbers, set up of PO's
- Report generation through SAP and Aperity.
- Management of SAP tracking system (TPM)
- Evaluate regional opportunities together with RSM to maximize volume opportunities.
Key Customer Interactions
- Partner with Regional Sales Manager (RSM) and team to provide recommendations on how to impact distribution gaps.
- Partner with RSM and Supply & Ops team to establish forecasts and manage inventory.
- Update & manage regional A&P budgets & programming calendars
- Work closely with the LCBO Buying Operations and Marketing Management teams in the selling in of new listings, programming, and special events.
- Ensure that any employee or consumer tasting and product knowledge training at the retail level is developed and executed.
- For all brands, including partner brands, translate marketing campaigns into highly effective customer & consumer oriented activation programs that are aligned & agreed to by the marketing team
- Own and manage creative (with alignment from marketing) production, purchasing and distribution of all base business selling materials for on & off premise, FLOW, gift with purchase, and gift packs
- Manage the Beam Mixxit program on a regional basis
- All other duties as assigned
Qualifications & Experience
- University degree, business background asset
- sales, marketing and/or field marketing experience in beverage alcohol or CPG environment
- Must excel in a fast pace environment
- Must be able to work in a collaborative environment and have demonstrated time management skills
- Creative out of the box thinker willing to challenge the status quo to bring fresh ideas forward
- Demonstrated ability to develop strong relationships with cross functional partners and customers
- Knowledge of Provincial regulations, market trends and competition an asset
- Must be willing to travel from time to time as the role dictates
At Beam Suntory, people are our number one priority, and we believe our people grow together in diverse and inclusive environments where their unique insights, experiences and backgrounds are valued and respected. Beam Suntory is committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, military veteran status and all other characteristics, attributes or choices protected by law. All recruitment and hiring decisions are based on an applicant's skills and experience.