Do you have a passion for wine and enjoy working in a dynamic industry? Are you ready to embark on an exciting new phase in your career with a growing company and enthusiastic culture? If so, then this may be the right opportunity for you.
Director of Marketing, Canadian Wines.
Reporting to the Senior Vice-President Marketing & Business Development, the Director is responsible for directing/leading the development and delivery of annual and long-term strategies and marketing plans to drive and support sales and market success for the company's portfolio of Ontario and BC wines and its wineries.
The Director plays a central role in the ongoing evaluation of the company's brands, profitability, life cycle and new product development. The Director is responsible for direction of strategies and plans to support listings and sales across all channels and serves as the senior marketing voice and representative on various industry associations and committees.
MAIN DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
Brand Management & Performance
- directs the development and management of brand forecasts, strategies and plans for the Company's brand portfolio to deliver financial results. Ensures strong market presence and ongoing analysis of consumer trends and competitor activity. Plays a key role in supporting developing positive relationships with Provincial Liquor Control Boards and other channel buyers in support of sales. Works with finance, to establish and manage brand P & Ls. Leads the ongoing review and analysis of key market drivers including pricing, promotion and packaging and ensures competitiveness of our brands.
- directs the new product development strategy & process for our portfolio of brands and is responsible for the leading the evolution of the Company's portfolio including identification of new opportunities for new products, formats, packaging, varietals, categories, etc.
Marketing Strategy & Communications
- directs and oversees all marketing communications for the Company (wineries), its brands and retail operations including promotions, events, campaigns, digital marketing, social media, and public relations. Is responsible for managing agency/supplier relationships and corresponding budgets.
Sales & Channel Support
- works closely with the Regional Sales Directors across the country to provide marketing communications, promotional support, product training and related sales aids for e-commerce, direct delivery, on-premises, grocery, retail, and export channels as required. Provides support and leadership to Manager
- Retail Operations & Winery Marketing and staff in development of marketing communications, promotional support, product training and related sales aids for use in the Company's retail stores.
Market, Channel and Consumer Analysis
- working with the Company's Director- Market Insights and Intelligence to direct and support the marketing/brand teams' analysis and interpretation of research and tracking reports to create and sustain an ?information-based? decision-making approach for marketing and brand activities. Leverage insights and analysis to inform day-to-day marketing activities and longer-term strategic direction including new product/brand development.
People Management & Development
- provides direction, development, support, and mentorship to members of the Marketing and Retail Operations team including 4-5 direct reports.
IDEAL BACKGROUND, DESIRED SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS
Proven track record of success in senior marketing roles in the development and delivery of winning marketing/brand building strategies and plans in the Canadian Beverage Alcohol industry (preferably Canadian Wines).
- Proven ability and competency in brand management within a highly competitive environment
- Proven competency in pricing strategy and profitability analysis
- Confident, driven and dynamic leader
- strong people management skills
- Personable and enthusiastic
- Organized, ability to prioritize, calm under pressure
- Proven analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent communicator and team player
- Entrepreneurial mindset with the ability to spot and evaluate marketing / branding opportunities.
- Budget management acumen
- Proficiency in demand planning & forecasting
- 10+ years of experience in marketing, brand management, trade marketing or key account management including a minimum of 7+ years' experience in the Canadian beverage alcohol industry with focus on Canadian VQA wines. Experience in CPG marketing / brand management is an asset.
- Bachelor's degree in Marketing, Business administration, or equivalent
- Fluency in French an asset
All interested applicants should send a cover letter and resume via Isarta We thank all applicants for applying, however only those individuals selected for an interview will be contacted.
Diamond Estates and its divisions is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome and encourage applications from people with differing abilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.