This individual is responsible for managing and actively driving Graymont's new products and applications process and team. This group is primarily responsible for developing complex opportunities, transitioning the conceptual into commercial expansions of Graymont's business that result in sustainable revenue and profit enhancement.
The ideal candidate has a strong scientific and technical expertise combined with commercial experience to leverage the use of our lime and limestone products. This includes a clear understanding of specific GHG implications and opportunities. The position answers directly to the VP, Sales and Marketing North America.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Manage the deliverables of the Marketing team in the identification and commercialization of new products and applications using Graymont's stage-gate process where calcium-based solutions provide opportunities to profitably grow our business.
- Directly collaborate with, and involve, other functions across Graymont.
- Develop and integrate feasibility assessments, product/process design, project risk assessment and detailed analysis regarding GHG implications.
- Provide technical and commercial expertise to support the marketing initiatives, the field sales team and other Graymont functions.
- Design and produce technical and marketing literature/documentation including developing relevant conference publications.
- Oversee the Intellectual Property process by working closely with the Graymont legal team.
- Prepare, organize, and chair quarterly Stage-gate Steering Committee meetings , securing authorization for each project to advance through the process.
- Travel as required (can exceed 50%).
- The ideal candidate will have a minimum of a bachelor's degree in chemical engineering, process engineering or other technical discipline; paired with a business degree, MBA, and/or demonstrated commercial experience.
- Minimum 5 years of relevant professional experience involving research and development with proven commercial success.
- Interdisciplinary engineering skills and knowledge of the use of lime and limestone products in construction and mining applications is preferred.
- Knowledge of relevant industrial materials and minerals products, production processes, as well as the manufacturing methods of customers, and their customers
- Strong analytical capabilities and business case development based on research findings.
- Well-developed communication skills, including constructing and making sophisticated technical presentations to potential customers, trade associations, regulatory agencies, Graymont personnel and business partners.
- Tenacious, curious, creative, agile, and comfortable with ambiguity.
- Self-directed and effective at collaborating with others.
- Well organized and able to deliver high quality work.
- Direct experience with engineering new products and methods to support their use in new applications.
- Familiar with navigating the stage gate process.
Back ShareApply Now