Brookfield Properties, Office
At Brookfield Properties, our success starts with our people. People like you.
We develop, operate, and manage more than 650 properties and 325 million square feet of real estate across the globe. It's a feat that wouldn't be possible without our team, a diverse group of creative visionaries and innovative experts who are relentless in pursuit of one goal: to ensure our buildings don't simply meet the needs of our tenants, residents, and communities
- but exceed them, every day.
Within our office business, this conviction guides every aspect of our work. Our signature structures not only define skylines but are also true destinations
- bringing together office areas, retail spaces, and dining options all in one. And our high-end design capabilities and strong sustainability practices allow us to create properties that raise the bar for real estate everywhere. It's why the world's most respected businesses, non-profits, and start-ups choose us as their partner.
If you're ready to be a part of our team, we encourage you to apply.
As the Manager, Marketing & Promotions, you will have the opportunity to work with the regional leasing department and the property team at Brookfield Place Calgary in the execution of programs and initiatives within approved budgets. You will be responsible for office leasing marketing for all Calgary properties, which include Brookfield Place Calgary, Suncor Energy Centre, Bankers Hall Complex, and Fifth Avenue Place. In addition, you will be responsible for coordinating all property-specific marketing and events at Brookfield Place Calgary. You will be closely involved during annual business planning and can provide recommendations with property budgets.
As an essential member of the regional Marketing & Events team and a contributing member of the Brookfield Place Calgary Property Management team, you will work collaboratively to support and provide expertise with events in public areas, placemaking opportunities, tenant appreciation and broker events, corporate events, and the annual United Way campaign.
- Ideate and create materials/campaigns that reflect and promote Brookfield Properties' brand.
- Lead and generate ideas and expertise on any installation or event that optimizes common area, public spaces (i.e.: holiday décor, public events, performances).
- Ideate and execute signature marketing events or public relations initiatives that optimize leasing/building exposure with target audiences and strengthen key external relationships to support regional leasing goals.
- Develop design/creative concepts as required to facilitate the design, preparation, production, and distribution of all marketing information and brochures, invitations, prospective tenant pitch books, and more.
- Provide expertise, recommendation, and guidance to support retail (i.e.: signage, hoarding, graphics, communications, events).
- Collaborate with leasing team to develop a marketing plan to market available space in our portfolio and leverage third-party leasing to lead all marketing efforts.
- Make the appropriate business case for requested budget funds and complete monthly forecast ensuring alignment with annual budget.
- Manage and be accountable for all costs as approved for all events and marketing initiatives, including select account forecasting, managing invoices, and variance explanation.
- Generate digital marketing leasing opportunities and strategies to increase traffic and engagement on various social media platforms, including increasing engagement on the internal employee app.
- Develop and maintain industry and community relationships and rapport with industry counterparts and key tastemakers in Calgary marketplace.
- Seek opportunities to develop regional strategies for the use of placemaking, events and cross-marketing Brookfield Properties across the Calgary properties.
- Embody and support Brookfield Properties' Safety, Health and Environment Policy.
- Other projects as required.
SERVICE / PERSONAL SKILLS:
- An innovative and creative mindset that can think strategically with a willingness to execute tactically.
- Flexible and able to thrive in a fast-paced environment, while possessing a high level of comfort with ambiguity.
- Strong organizational skills with ability to prioritize and manage expectations across multiple projects with tight deadlines.
- Known for accuracy and quality of work, with excellent writing, editing, and proofreading skills.
- Outgoing personality, ability to build rapport and develop relationships with a strong service orientation.
EXPERIENCE & TECHNICAL SKILLS:
- Proven digital marketing experience, including developing and executing digital marketing plans.
- High proficiency in Search Engine Optimization (SEO), web-based content management systems (CMS) and email platforms (Agility and Mail Chimp).
- Excellent knowledge of social media marketing/advertising tactics, specifically for Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn.
- Solid understanding of CASL, privacy and other national or provincial communication Legislation.
- Proficient in MS Office Suit (Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint) and Adobe Design Programs (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign).
- Marketing, events, and/or leasing experience in a commercial real estate company is an asset.
EDUCATION / DESIGNATIONS / LICENSES:
- Bachelor's degree, ideally with a focus in Marketing or a related business field and/or equivalent work experience.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for pre-screening will be contacted.
Brookfield Properties is an equal opportunity employer committed to the inclusion and accommodation of all individuals.