JOB DESCRIPTION SUMMARY
The Corporate Communications Coordinator is responsible for improving the flow of internal information to a growing global audience. This key position is within the Corporate Affairs Department and helps coordinate and develop company-wide communications in print, web, video, and digital media to ensure all employees are aligned, engaged, informed, and productive. The Corporate Communications Coordinator has a strong understanding of corporate and departmental activities globally, and works with a team to recommend relevant information that is appropriate for communicating company wide.
You are the best fit for the Corporate Communications Coordinator position, if you:
Are passionate about crafting compelling storylines and impactful prose to keep an international audience informed and engaged.
Have an exemplary agility in navigating multiple priorities and incoming requests, with a high attention to detail and appropriate sense of urgency.
Naturally inspire others, with your knack for bringing new and exciting ideas to the table as well as your strong appetite for learning.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Write content for several global corporate channels, including intranet articles and pages, company-wide emails, slide decks, video scripts, company meetings, on-site posters, and much more.
- Ensure content is on brand and aligned with the company culture.
- Coordinate the submission of company-wide content, ensuring approval workflows are completed, and content is disseminated in a timely fashion.
- Maintain all existing intranet content.
- Edit submitted intranet content for grammar, language and tone, branding, and alignment with the company culture.
- Assist in resolving technical issues with the intranet as well as launch new functionalities, continuously improving and expanding the user experience.
- Create recurring intranet site and video analytic reports to assess trends and improve how information is displayed, accessed and communicated to employees.
- Work with the Corporate Communications team to establish and maintain standardized policies and processes related to internal communications and enterprise content management.
- Maintain and promote professional and courteous employee relations through prompt and accurate phone and/or email communications.
- Assist with executing special corporate events, campaigns, corporate meetings, and/or projects, as assigned.
- Perform other duties as required by the business.
- Bachelor of Science degree or related field is required.
- 2+ years of administration, coordination and/or project experience is an asset.
- Biotechnology or pharmaceutical industry experience is an asset.
- Exceptional written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills; communicates in a clear, concise and organized manner; listens to others to obtain information.
- Advanced skills with both Google Suite products and Microsoft Office products are required, and a high level of proficiency with Wordpress is an asset.
- Detail and results-oriented with a strong work ethic and exceptional organizational, planning and time management skills.
- Ability to work in an autonomous environment and adapt to changing priorities, deadlines and fluctuating work volumes.
- Practice a discipline of continuous improvement.
- Ability to exercise good judgement, tact and decision-making.
- Ability to work with various stakeholders in a collaborative and professional way, and maintain confidentiality where appropriate.
- Works effectively with others with a ?one-team' mindset.
STEMCELL Technologies Inc. is a privately-owned biotechnology company based in Vancouver that helps power leading-edge life science research around the world. Scientists performing stem cell, immunology, cancer, regenerative medicine and cellular therapy research are among those who rely on our cell culture media, cell separation products, instruments, ancillary reagents and contract assay services. We create novel, useful, standardized products of unfailing quality and deliver them to more than 70 countries via our many regional offices plus distribution centres in Vancouver, Seattle, Grenoble and Singapore. Driven by our love of science and our passion for quality, we see ourselves simply as ?Scientists Helping Scientists?
- standing by our customers to provide outstanding products, technical support and training. We have over 1000 science-oriented employees globally, including 250 PhDs/MScs, with most others holding a BSc or engineering degree. STEMCELL is proud to be the largest Biotechnology employer in Canada.
This is an opportunity to work with highly motivated colleagues in a science-oriented, creative and dynamic environment. We offer a competitive salary, excellent benefits and significant career development opportunities.
To apply please select the apply button. You will then be directed to a login screen asking you to set up an account. You must set up an account in order to apply.