We are currently seeking a Marketing & Communications Coordinator to join our team.
The Marketing & Communications Administrator is responsible for providing all aspects of administrative support to the Senior Manager, Marketing and the leadership teams within the areas of Marketing, Communications, Enterprise Insights and Community Investment. This role involves many different functions, including the coordination of scheduling and logistics, handling confidential and sensitive information, budget management, tracking and office coordination. This role will be required to build excellent working relationships and communications within the organization. In this position the administrator has a broad view of all Marketing/Communication activities and offers an excellent entry point for growing a career in this area.
Here's what would be included as a part of your typical day
1. Admin Duties: Provides day-to-day effective and responsive administrative support to the SVP, Marketing and Communications and other work as assigned to support the leadership teams in marketing, communications, and enterprise intelligence; takes the initiative to draft letters and memos, creates and prepares documents as needed; and facilities coordination including ordering of supplies and equipment upkeep, through relationships with internal and external resources.
2. Budget Management: Tracks budget for entire marketing & communications team including invoicing, tracking expenses and being able to communicate/reconcile the budget tracking; and prepares monthly expense claim reports for SVP and VP/AVP level leadership within the department.
3. Meeting Coordination: Responsible for scheduling, planning and coordinating meeting logistics using considerable judgment and discretion; creates agendas, manages documents, keeps minutes, and follows-up on items arising from meetings and conversations; schedules networking meetings, including contacts outside of the credit union system; and prepares for meetings by creating and updating PowerPoint presentations.
4. Department Support : Engages with teams to support marketing/communications tasks including administrative support duties for projects and campaigns; assists with on-boarding of new team members; keeps apprised of department priorities and projects; and creates progress reports as necessary.
5. Executive Assistance Activities: Anticipates needs and provides confidential administrative support functions including information triage and exchange; assists other department leadership as directed by the SVP; and is responsible for making all travel arrangements for the SVP, Marketing & Communications including maintenance of accounts with the corporate travel agency and monitoring of related expenses.
Required Skills, Experience & Qualifications
- High School Diploma required
- Certificate (1 year of less) in administrative of business-related function required
- 2 years of successful experience working in an administrative or executive assistant role.
- Strong skill and ability with the Microsoft Office Suite including Outlook calendar management
- Comfortable using online systems and apps; web content management experience would be an asset
- Demonstrated ability to apply critical thinking, problem solve and work effectively with little instruction to provide value to a team of professionals.
- A natural curiosity and exuberant energy befitting of our dynamic marketing team
- Proven ability to provide exceptional service in a high paced, multi-demand environment
- Advanced ability to build trusting relationships and communicate effectively
Why work for us?
We offer a total rewards package that recognizes the meaningful work you do to support our members and our communities, which includes:
- A competitive base salary plus performance-based incentive compensation
- Annual merit pay increases
- Flexible benefits as well as support for retirement benefits
- Vacation time, a flexible ?Day4U? and the option to purchase up to five additional vacation days
- Other financial perks such as our Employee Banking Advantages which includes waived or reduced financial service fees, reduced rates on personal loans, mortgages and no-interest loans on lifestyle-related items that promote health, wellness, learning and business aptitude
In addition, you can enjoy socially conscious perks, like three paid days off every year, to volunteer for causes you care about.
What's your place in the First West story? Apply now and let's find out together!
First West regrets that only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Diversity & Inclusion:
First West Credit Union is committed to diversity and inclusion. Our goal is to create an inclusive, accessible environment for our candidates and employees that reflects the communities in which operate. If you require an accommodation for the recruitment or interview process (including alternate formats of materials, accessible meeting rooms or other types of accommodation), please let us know and we will work with you to meet your needs.