Graphic and Packaging Designer (Consumer Goods)
Our client, a rapidly growing Consumer-Packaged Goods Company, located in Brampton, ON who has an immediate need to hire a Graphic and Packaging Designer to join their team on a Permanent, Full-Time basis.
This is currently a Remote, Work from Home role due to the pandemic. Post covid there is opportunity for Work Flexibility with this role. Days in office/ at home to be discussed with the Manager.
The Graphic and Packaging Designer will execute the visual representation of the Company's brands through packaging and graphic design.
- Incorporate packaging copy and create the visual representation of the brand on packaging design and ensure consistency across product family
- Create and ideate design material (layout, typographic composition, imagery) and all other design activities within prescribed timelines to drive speed to market
- Present design concepts to management
- Communicate the product story and highlight selling features through the design
- Responsible for the accuracy, completion and timely delivery of creative briefs in partnership with the product teams
- When required attend meetings and collaborate with cross functional teams to deliver on business requirements (including attendance at meetings, Townhalls, etc).
- Project management to problem solve key issues as required
- Creates technical packages with accurate detail specs for printers and manufacturers
- Request packaging samples/color strikes directly to oversee vendors
- Photograph samples and final products for client's presentations, social media and packaging
- College diploma or higher in graphic/packaging design required
- 3-5 years of related work experience
- In-depth knowledge of Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop and InDesign on a Windows platform required
- Understanding of how to develop dielines
- Superb eye for lay out composition, typography and color
- Fast thinker with a sense of urgency, proactive, resourceful and deadline driven
- Keen attention to detail
- Experience in product photography, photo editing, and cataloging
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to give and receive constructive criticism
- Excellent with time management and organizational skills, works well under pressure